Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST vs _________

what are some cars/trucks that you have ran in your fist and are suprised you won/pulled on, or you left the the guy/girl your racing speechless by the little sleeper.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I hope you are asking about racing on a enclosed track.
This forum does not wish to promote street racing as it is not only illegal but very unsafe.
To be clear, I have surprised many with the performance of the FiST but was never racing.

OP
CapitalData
Thread Starter #4
I agree we don’t have the fastest cars but even I left my self shocked, on stock turbo e30 I was neck and neck then slowly started to pull a 2016 s4 and they were surprised as well as me , for a hot hatch 20k car pushin low 200hp walkin “sports cars” double the msrp is pretty surprising especially when they are built right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I ran against a friends 5.3 single cab/short bed ‘16 Silverado with long tubes and exhaust work.

He couldn’t pull away.

*** racing was done on a closed track in Mexico under professional supervision on February 30th***

Se7eN

Roll race (at the 1/4 mile) manage to out pace M2, 1320 Scat Pack Challenger, Coyote Mustang, Big Turbo Focus ST a few GTI's. Now just overall racing in Mexico under closed conditions, Charge Scat Packs, Neon SRT4 and 307z Nismo and other wise. The best of which was a 370Z Nismo running a small shot of nitrous, came over later to ask me what my car has cause it moves really well. (Had 310whp just about i all those )

Business6

In a street light discussion of the supposed detriments of FWD, I've surprised a number of WRXs by launching a lot better than them. A few other AWD models, too, but the two best conversations were a modified Focus ST who just spun because he was decided a turbo back exhaust should be higher on his priorities than good tires. I tried to explain it would be a better demonstration if he had summer tires instead of low tread all seasons but I don't think he heard me over all the spinning.

The other is a bit more foggy on the model but a Jaguar XK something, had the green and red badge on it and I think temp tags as well. The one thing I am certain of, however, is that he was a proctologist given how he was up everyone's ass. Mine was given the all clear as we were having a discussion about polyps and getting checked early and often when he realized he was too far behind the next set of traffic to inspect and I needed to get to work. So we hurried from a standstill and, to my shock (presumably his as well) he didn't get beyond my front bumper even as we entered third. His exhaust note, which was very sweet, btw, confirmed that the engine was working at full capacity. I distinctly remember the passenger's look of confusion which was likely a reflection of my own.

Altitude does very weird things to these stop light discussions, I'll say that much, but a good launch brings balance to any debate.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I mean once we go big turbo... its sort of a crapshoot. Likely faster than most things that would pick on you, but slower than most things that you want to pick on. My favorite was creeping up on a SRT Scat Pack Charger at speed, he was very confused about a Fiesta keeping up with his manly freedom machine.

That being said, the faster my car can go, the slower I drive it lmao

Se7eN

I mean once we go big turbo... its sort of a crapshoot. Likely faster than most things that would pick on you, but slower than most things that you want to pick on. My favorite was creeping up on a SRT Scat Pack Charger at speed, he was very confused about a Fiesta keeping up with his manly freedom machine.

That being said, the faster my car can go, the slower I drive it lmao
I rarely go past 4th now a days during a race. I used to go all the way to 6th if I had to on stock turbo. so I get what you are saying lol

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I rarely go past 4th now a days during a race. I used to go all the way to 6th if I had to on stock turbo. so I get what you are saying lol
I rarely go over the speed limit unless I'm on the highway. I would get into trouble A LOT faster than with the stock turbo.

Business6

I really don't like driving above 70-75mph regardless. I don't know how people cruise at 80+ and feel the slightest bit comfortable or safe given how goddamn stupid and distracted people are.

Bone stock FiST. Was coming home from work at about 5 A.M. on a Sunday. I was stopped at a light on an access road with no one around. A new F250 diesel pulls up way ahead of me in the other lane and starts revving his engine. Light turns green and I get a perfect launch. I chirp into second and hear him gunning it. When third came around I was pulling pretty hard. Aerodynamics became a factor for him by that time.

I’m lucky enough to live 45 minutes away from a 1/4 mile track.

Today I beat:
-Durango - lots of carbon fiber under the hood, sounded good too

-Maserati Ghibli - awd, mostly stock. He crushed my 0-60foot, but I left first and crossed the line first. I won mph, he won et.

-Some old GM, I don’t know anything about antique American muscle.

-MS3 - Massive fmic and loud exhaust

-A handful of cars smothered in JB Weld and zip ties, not worth mentioning individually.

Lost to:
-Scat pack - seemed stock

-Some Super Street that ran 10’s, no idea what it was.

It got sold, thankfully not getting turned into condos though. There are plans to revitalize the track eventually, but for now it’s the same hot mess it‘s always been.