Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Weights Thread

OP
Fiestig

Fiestig

Thread Starter #65
Updates with WaveSpec front rotor weight: 13.5lb

Anyone have a new stock replacement rotor weight? Front, Rear, or Both

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
That weight makes me feel much better about being forced to buy a fist with a sunroof.

Thank you for taking the time to weigh everything!
Yes, I'm glad to know that too, that's a pretty small amount of weight. I have been really curious about this for a long time, and did some digging around online but had been unable to find a reliable answer.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
That weight makes me feel much better about being forced to buy a fist with a sunroof.

Thank you for taking the time to weigh everything!
But it's the worst kind of weight. Weight up high, raising the cars center of gravity. For as much as I've used a sunroof over the years of owning cars with one, I'll pass on the sunroof and enjoy the better handling. To each his own though.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

But it's the worst kind of weight. Weight up high, raising the cars center of gravity. For as much as I've used a sunroof over the years of owning cars with one, I'll pass on the sunroof and enjoy the better handling. To each his own though.

Yeah, I hate that the extra weight is at the highest point...

In the 2 years and 3 months of ownership I think I used the sunroof twice.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Plus the NO CHANCE of a leak there with no hole in the roof. [thumb]

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I put it on a scale on my garage yesterday. Idk how accurate the scale is but it seems good.
I'm guessing then that a sunroof would add about 13 lb of weight to the car.The reason is that if the parts of it that you weighed weigh about 21 lb,then you would have to figure in some weight for the steel panel and part of the headliner that it replaced. A steel panel of that size and whatever headliner is under it that were replaced by the sunroof would have to weigh at least 7 lb or so, and the headliner would add a little bit more,so the net weight added would be around 13 lb.
To figure this I looked up what a common gauge of automotive sheet metal is, which is 20 gauge. This weighs 1.5 lb per square foot.Our sunroofs are about five square feet, so the metal which is no longer there in a car with a sunroof would have weighed about 7.5 lb.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I'm guessing then that a sunroof would add about 13 lb of weight to the car.The reason is that if the parts of it that you weighed weigh about 21 lb,then you would have to figure in some weight for the steel panel and part of the headliner that it replaced. A steel panel of that size and whatever headliner is under it that were replaced by the sunroof would have to weigh at least 7 lb or so, and the headliner would add a little bit more,so the net weight added would be around 13 lb.
To figure this I looked up what a common gauge of automotive sheet metal is, which is 20 gauge. This weighs 1.5 lb per square foot.Our sunroofs are about five square feet, so the metal which is no longer there in a car with a sunroof would have weighed about 7.5 lb.
Sunroof is about 3.5 sq ft. It's tiny. I didn't weight the sliding cover which was probably close to a pound, certainly more than whatever the extra headliner would weigh. Also I'm considering just putting aluminum back in its place for a total of adding 2 lbs back in. That hole isn't structural so it doesn't matter what I put back, just don't want extra noise or flapping.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Sunroof is about 3.5 sq ft. It's tiny. I didn't weight the sliding cover which was probably close to a pound, certainly more than whatever the extra headliner would weigh. Also I'm considering just putting aluminum back in its place for a total of adding 2 lbs back in. That hole isn't structural so it doesn't matter what I put back, just don't want extra noise or flapping.
You're right, I just looked at it, It is about 3.5 to 4 sq ft. That much sheet metal would have weighed closer to 5-5.5 lb.

Last edited:

haste

1000 Post Club
The only thing I hate about my sunroof is the sliding cover opens slightly after accelerating hard.

OP
Fiestig

Fiestig

Thread Starter #79
Does anyone have the stock front rotor weight? If not I will have to take a trip to autozone with the scale...lol