Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta x37 build

So I found a x37 with tune+ wastegate on ebay for 1100$ I just installed it last weekend. Everything went well and currently getting tuned by tune+ and sent my first datalog to him currently waiting for the tune revision. I want to thank the community for posting so much info on the install process. I don't know if I could have done it without you all. Not sure where this build is going next but I wanted to get advice on tires. I need a new set, I was thinking the Nitto neo gen. If any of you all have advice on what tires to get it would be much appreciated I'm doing mostly street driving. Also next part to install in the whoosh track bar.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
So I found a x37 with tune+ wastegate on ebay for 1100$ I just installed it last weekend. Everything went well and currently getting tuned by tune+ and sent my first datalog to him currently waiting for the tune revision. I want to thank the community for posting so much info on the install process. I don't know if I could have done it without you all. Not sure where this build is going next but I wanted to get advice on tires. I need a new set, I was thinking the Nitto neo gen. If any of you all have advice on what tires to get it would be much appreciated I'm doing mostly street driving. Also next part to install in the whoosh track bar.
Congrats, that’ll be a blast with the new turbo once tuned. Either of the Falken options are great depending on what type of tires you’re looking for. 17” wheels?

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #3
Oh yeah sorry. Keeping the stock wheels I think. So probably 205 40 17 tires. I think I'm going to keep the stock look. I kinda like it.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #4
Hey what do you guys think about keeping the stock suspension and just adding bracing? I do like the lowered look but would it really translate to better handling. Like stock fiesta st vs fiesta st on lowering springs?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Hey what do you guys think about keeping the stock suspension and just adding bracing? I do like the lowered look but would it really translate to better handling. Like stock fiesta st vs fiesta st on lowering springs?
Stock is totally fine. I have mountune springs and they ride a little better and make it look better but if I had to do it again I’d go for b8s or coilovers instead of just doing springs.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #7
Stock is totally fine. I have mountune springs and they ride a little better and make it look better but if I had to do it again I’d go for b8s or coilovers instead of just doing springs.
Thanks I didn't even think about b8s. That might be a really good option.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Nice to see another x37 member on here. Seems these are rare nowadays given the popularity of other turbos

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #9
Nice to see another x37 member on here. Seems these are rare nowadays given the popularity of other turbos
Yeah everyone seems to go with the whoosh turbo since that came out. Is the whoosh better? I don't know but I'm liking the x37 euro vibe in the fiesta.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #10
I took the car out on the southern California sunrise 🌄 highway on Sunday at like 5am. It was all beautiful car was so fun to drive. Can't wait to start tuning with e40.

I took the car out on the southern California sunrise 🌄 highway on Sunday at like 5am. It was all beautiful car was so fun to drive. Can't wait to start tuning with e40.
Niiiiice, hype to hear what you think about that setup on ethanol. Has to be a blast.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #12
Hey just wanted to let you guys know I had the Mish oil cooler and about a year ago the oil cooler line rubbed through one of the ac lines. Got that all fixed and then about a month ago one of the oil cooler lines started leaking oil everywhere. I removed the Mish oil cooler and put the stock one back on. I would not recommend the oil cooler it was nothing but problems.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #13
Oh and as for the final tune from tune + I love it. On Cobb access port estimated hp hit 274 and tq hit 280ish on 91 octane. Thanks Adam!!!!!!

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #14
Hey I've been running 5w20 oil with the x37 turbo. Would 5w30 be better? What is recommended? Thanks.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, especially in that area/location.

I would even be running one of the 'medium' weight 5W-30s out there for that setup, and not one of the lighter ones.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #18
Weird on Cobb acessport estimated hp and torque numbers look the same on 91octane. I guess it has to do with ethanol being less energy dense? Or the estimate numbers on the Cobb acessport are wrong. Who knows? Car feels good though.