Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally did a Shoot- Race Red- San Diego Sunset

SrsBsns

I've been wanting to do a real shoot with this car for a long time but I kept putting it off. I finally decided to check out some spots I've been wanting to go to for a while and take some pics.

Full album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmF8ZQvX

Anyone in the SD area interested in getting together to take some pics, let me know. It would be fun to get a couple of FiST's in these locations. Or if you know of other good spots, I'd like to check them out.

Nice pics. Where is the first set at?
I recognize the 2nd set. That’s under the 805 in Mission Valley. 1 block north of Dave and Busters if I remember correctly. I used to take pics there years ago when I lived in that area

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #6
Thanks.

I found it after googling some cool places to go to take pics. It's a small dead end road that leads to pump 65, on the East side of the Torrey Pines Reserve, next to the 5.

You're right about the 2nd spot. I drive past it all the time when I go to Costco or Lowes. I've always wanted to go take pics there and I'm glad I finally went.

I used to take my old 350Z to that spot when I lived there. I miss that car..
4020832589_a8874657fd_o.jpg

Its a great spot, huge lot with lots of privacy. Hard to get the lighting right, especially with a dark car, but if you get it right the results can be amazing. I suck at automotive photography so I gave up on it.

If you go down Mission Gorge Rd into Allied Gardens a little past Zion there are some industrial warehouses on the right. There are some cool loading ramps to take pictures on. You can check that out too if you're interested.

3301066867_3722276bc0_o.jpg

I'm up in Poway now and haven't scoped out any spots really. Like I said I kind of gave up on it. Now I just take pics at work.

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #8
Good looking 350. Lighting is definitely tricky there, especially with a darker car. I'm tempted to go back and bring some additional lighting but I don't know if it's worth the hassle. I like how they turned out on the long exposures.

Thanks for the tips on the docks. I'll have to check them out.

I'm not too sure about any spots in Poway either. I work out that way (well, when I was going in to work) and I never saw anything that piqued my interest.

What do you shoot for work?

Oh I dont. I mean I only take pics of my car now in the work parking lot. Too busy/lazy to find anything better IMG_7076.JPG

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #10
Hah, right on. I do that too but after a few years of owning it and loving it, I figured I should go take some good shots.

I had a CBR100RR that I loved and I kept meaning to do a proper shoot with it. It was stolen before I did it, so now I don't really have any good shots to remember her with. Gives me a little extra motivation sometimes... haha.

For sure. I've changed so much on my F-150 since I've gotten it and I have hardly and pictures if the progress. I only have 1 crummy stock pic. Definitely need to try and take more pics.

Anyway, sorry to highjack your thread

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #12
For sure. I've changed so much on my F-150 since I've gotten it and I have hardly and pictures if the progress. I only have 1 crummy stock pic. Definitely need to try and take more pics.

Anyway, sorry to highjack your thread
All good, that was the whole point of this thread really. Just to share some pics and talk.