Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally Ordered My Cobb Stage 1 Kit!

After months of buttering up the wife with presents like a new conceal-carry purse, matching wallet, new gun (her Taurus Judge wouldn't fit in the conceal pocket), and countless "foo-foo' decorating crap for the house (have always found so useless). I was finally able to order the Stage 1 Kit, I've been wanting forever, now. Getting a week of overtime helped, too. She had no more excuses! [party]

Big thanks out to Jurrian, our ModBargains.com rep here. Got everything set up nice and fast. Now, I have to just wait for it to arrive! Will update once I install... [giddy]

CanadianST

You'll love stage 1 so much that before you know it you'll be eyeing up stage 2 and 3 kits haha. Best of luck convincing the wife of them when the time comes!

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Just have to hope for some more overtime! Especially times like tomorrow. Overtime with holiday pay.

Just got my stage 1 directly from Cobb. One of the most pleasant shopping experiences I have ever had.

I called the shop on my way down to San Diego (I went to their fountain valley CA location). Talked to Reggie who let me know that they had the ap and filter but no Motor mounts. Slightly discouraged at first, but he immediately offered the option of picking up the two pieces and he would ship the Motor mount to me when they get more- for free. I can't speak highly enough of how impressed I was with the professionalism as well as the enthusiasm at this tuning shop.

Congrats man! The wait will be well worth it once you get everything installed/flashed!

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
I saw someone mention the AP has an "ECU Reset" or something like that. Should I go ahead and hit it, after the tune's installed? Wasn't sure if it speeds up the learning process, or anything.

iso100

1000 Post Club
It automatically resets the ECU at the end of flashing.

I saw someone mention the AP has an "ECU Reset" or something like that. Should I go ahead and hit it, after the tune's installed? Wasn't sure if it speeds up the learning process, or anything.
At the end of the flashing process, the AP resets the ECU twice. Even if you do it before it will still do it on its own. But that literally takes 2 seconds.

I think even the 1st flash on my ST took less than 3 minutes. It's super quick.

OP
C
Thread Starter #9
Nice! *waits*

Kinda sucks I decided to get it the day before July 4th. Didn't even think about it, at the time.

How long after flashing a map do the sensors that read things like miles till empty, mpg, and the outside temperature go back to normal? My car in my garage when I started it said outside temp was 120 F but went down to normal as I started driving.

OP
C
Thread Starter #11
My temp's always been high, as soon as I get in the car. But, goes down when I start moving. I'm guessing it's just high from sitting there in the sun.

OP
C
Thread Starter #12
Just installed the AP and Panel Filter, Yesterday. Felt a little sluggish, right after installation. But, on the way to work, this morning, she felt great! Tried out the FFS and I liked the feel, have been doing it anyway with my last 3 cars, this just helped clean it up a bit. Tried the LC feature, RPMs shot up to 6k, before I let off. I'll have to look into that at a later date. Big thanks to ModBargains.com. Ordered the kit July 3rd, and it was here on the 10th. Was expecting a longer wait, due to the holiday weekend.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Good Deal It must have taken that lil bit of time to learn and get the Octane Ratio set :)

OP
C
Thread Starter #14
Silly question, maybe. Do you have to unplug the AP whenever you shut off the car? Or, does it eventually power itself down?

If you press the button on the top it'll shut off in ten seconds. If you press the select button after pressing the power button it'll turn off instantly.

Has your miles to empty or mpg seem way off? Mine says I'm averaging like 20 mpg and when the tank is half full says I have 230 miles till empty.

OP
C
Thread Starter #17
I think it will be off until it relearns. I reset the average MPG this morning, on the way to work, and it seems to be normal. A little low, but I attribute that to me playing a little.

OP
C
Thread Starter #19
For the "miles to empty", could take a few fillups. MPG shouldn't take more than a day or two.