Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First oil change experience at 150 miles

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Just wanted to make a small thread about my first oil change experience. I know there is some debate and controversy about how soon to change the oil, but I opted to change it out early at 150 miles to get break-in debris out of the engine. I work at a Toyota dealer so I have access to lifts, oil caddies and all the tools I could ever need.

The oil was surprisingly grey for how little of miles it had. I noticed little fine specs in the oil. Concerning the filter, I went with the OEM Motorcraft FL-910S. Oil choices were in the dozens. But I wanted to use a full synthetic. After doing a lot of research, I decided to opt for Castrol Magantec 5W-20. It's the only option Castrol recommends on their website for the 1.6L Ecoboost engine and it meets Fords oil requirements to maintain warranty.

The filter wasn't as tough to get off as people let on. I used a universal spring loaded oil filter wrench and a flex head socket wrench.

haste

1000 Post Club
I agree on the early oil change, but the general consensus as I have seen is to stay with the synthetic blend until a few thousand miles have been put on the engine. I didn't go full synthetic until around 5k miles.

Motorcraft syn blend for me, changed it at 600 miles. Will stick with the syn blend for 1 more change around 5k before I go full synthetic