Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First oil change Washington, D.C.

remy

I need to get my first oil change, I have never had someone else change my oil but unfortunately I live in the city and can't do it in the street :(... I bought my car at Koons in falls church and was just going to have them do it but it is still scary to think of someone else messing with my car. Anyone know of somewhere in dc that will let you change your own oil ( not sure how popular places like this are but we had one in Milwaukee) or have any experience with Koons or any other service department in the local DC area?

You are welcome to come up to Laurel, MD and use my garage to change your oil if you like. I often have my Subaru friends doing installs at my house on weekends. Bring you own oil and filter and I have everything else needed to do the job.

Laurel is closer, but just wanted to offer up my nice flat driveway in Columbia, as well. I have ramps and everything else you'd need. Shoot me a PM, if you're interested.

Izzy

Just as a note...I've been part of many enthusiast communities in the past. Not once; much less twice, have I read individuals offering their place to work as I just read. Fiesta ST owners seem to be good people. Glad to be part of such community.

I bought my car at Koons Silver Spring since they were willing to go find the one I wanted, but I live in Arlington. I went to them for my first oil change at maybe 800 mi and it blew their mind that I wanted my oil change that early. I would have just done it myself, but they offer the first one free when you buy from them, so I just did it there. I told them they didn't need to do a full service just to change the oil, but they said they had to do everything. It took over an hour.

I plan on going to Koons Falls Church for service going forward due to convenience. I've only had one experience with them so far, but it was pretty good. Koons Silver Spring didn't provide an inspection sticker since they are in Maryland and I live in VA, so I went to Koons Falls Church to have them do an inspection. I told them the car was brand new and asked if they could just slap a sticker on it, but they said they would have to actually inspect it. It's also first come, first served for inspections in VA, and I went at the end of the month (already got one ticket, so didn't want to wait), so I prepared for a long wait. Maybe 5-10 mins later they came over to me and said it was done and they weren't going to charge me.

Anyway, I'll prob do my next oil change myself, but will prob have them take a look over it and change oil after 10,000 mi/1 yr.

OP
remy

remy

Thread Starter #8
Managed to get into a coworkers alley to change it... Thanks so much guys for the offer, went on a road trip with the fist and haven't been on in a bit.. She did great on the trip, such a great car!