Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

First Oil Change

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Mine was slightly over 4,000 miles when I did it.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #6
Just wondering... I admit I've done the "break-in" oil change at 1,000 in the past. I feel like the most shavings come out in that period.
I haven't hit 500 miles yet, so I have time to figure it out.

Also, anyone switch oils or did you keep the Motorcraft full Synthetic?

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Just wondering... I admit I've done the "break-in" oil change at 1,000 in the past. I feel like the most shavings come out in that period.
I haven't hit 500 miles yet, so I have time to figure it out.

Also, anyone switch oils or did you keep the Motorcraft full Synthetic?

I stuck with Motorcraft

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #8
I've switched in the past but since it's already using full synthetic I'll probably keep using that as well.

I'm at 700 miles and plan on switching to Castrol after the first oil change which is also free at my dealer.

I had the first one done at 2,000 because I had them installing the winter wheels and tires. Had a broken TPMS so they threw in the oil change for free. The dealership told me that the RS uses the same oil as the GT350's and the other high end Ford vehicles. Anyone else hear the same thing?

I've also had both recalls fixed on my 2016. One for the trunk switch and the other for the mileage for oil changes. They went from 7k to 5k on the oil changes.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #13
So far I haven't heard about any recalls for my RS, but I'm wondering if they were addressed and eliminated for the 2017s?

I've always done my full synthetic oil changes at 5K intervals.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Yes that's what I've been told as well. The 5W-50 Full Synthetic Oil is also used in the Ford GT.

I had the first one done at 2,000 because I had them installing the winter wheels and tires. Had a broken TPMS so they threw in the oil change for free. The dealership told me that the RS uses the same oil as the GT350's and the other high end Ford vehicles. Anyone else hear the same thing?

I've also had both recalls fixed on my 2016. One for the trunk switch and the other for the mileage for oil changes. They went from 7k to 5k on the oil changes.