Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First the 2-Door, and now the entire Lineup

Taz

Note that the decline in sales has taken place since the Mk8 came on sale. I don't know where Ford gets their execs from, but they must be pretty stupid (or narcissistic?) if they can't see the link. As far as I'm aware all of them right up until the Mk8 did very well, It's just the Mk8 that's slumped. Covid and Ukraine couldn't have helped either. I personally opted for the Mk7 because I preferred its design over the Mk8, and a lot of reviewers are in agreement, so that must say something to Ford execs, or are they all thick? Also, getting rid of the two door was madness as well! Now what will little Jimmy buy for his first car, a Puma SUV? :ROFLMAO:

Taz

And yet the UK economy has crashed and they can't keep a prime minister longer than a month.
It's because the Tory (i.e. Republican) elite thought they could elect a delusional neoliberal woman who thinks she's "Maggie Thatcher 2" at a time when people are dropping dead from Covid and even middle-class people are resorting to using food banks due to a huge war in Ukraine, which has made the cost of living shoot right up!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Note that the decline in sales has taken place since the Mk8 came on sale. I don't know where Ford gets their execs from, but they must be pretty stupid (or narcissistic?) if they can't see the link. As far as I'm aware all of them right up until the Mk8 did very well, It's just the Mk8 that's slumped. Covid and Ukraine couldn't have helped either. I personally opted for the Mk7 because I preferred its design over the Mk8, and a lot of reviewers are in agreement, so that must say something to Ford execs, or are they all thick? Also, getting rid of the two door was madness as well! Now what will little Jimmy buy for his first car, a Puma SUV? :ROFLMAO:
Don't forget that Ford is now pushing EV's and trucks, neither of which I would ever buy. People who drive saloon cars are not going to buy EV's or trucks. They'll just go to another manufacturer.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, they seem to want to FORCE buyers into (albeit smaller, lighter, better performing) SUVs/CUVs even over there in GB/Europe.

IF they offered a HOT (ST or BETTER level/manual AWD!) Puma here in the states, I might consider it if I ever needed, or could afford, another ride.

Of course, I have a much much better chance of hitting the Powerball Lottery than THAT happening (and I do not even play that!).

Taz

Yes, they seem to want to FORCE buyers into (albeit smaller, lighter, better performing) SUVs/CUVs even over there in GB/Europe.

IF they offered a HOT (ST or BETTER level/manual AWD!) Puma here in the states, I might consider it if I ever needed, or could afford, another ride.

Of course, I have a much much better chance of hitting the Powerball Lottery than THAT happening (and I do not even play that!).
I'd much prefer to get the most out my FiST, then think about adapting it to different fuels later on. I highly doubt that regular petrol or its alternatives will go out of use any time soon, because there's always going to be rich people with their exotic and collectors' cars who'll refuse to scrap them.

Taz

I predict that Ford is going to lose a lot of money and a lot of customers!
They do seem to be running things on a bare bones range, with very little choice. It reminds me of the Fawlty Towers episode when the chef gets pissed and they're having to rely on a, rather limited menu...

Fawlty Towers: Duck surprise - YouTube

Ford: "If you don't like SUVs you're rather stuck!"

I'm honestly a pretty big fan of Ford's current lineup even though my favorites are gone. I can imagine willingly trading my Fiesta down the line if I had to / tastes change / etc.

Give me an ecoboost Maverick XLT optioned how I want for like $26K or a base, 2 door, green, manual bronco for just shy of $33K. Hard to find options from anyone else that get me as excited honestly. There must be some quiet fans of the Edge ST out there because I swear I'm seeing more and more of them each day.

The Ecosport can burn, though. :coffee:

Last edited:
I'm honestly a pretty big fan of Ford's current lineup even though my favorites are gone. I can imagine willingly trading my Fiesta down the line if I had to / tastes change / etc.

Give me an ecoboost Maverick XLT optioned how I want for like $26K or a base, 2 door, green, manual bronco for just shy of $33K. Hard to find options from anyone else that get me as excited honestly. There must be some quiet fans of the Edge ST out there because I swear I'm seeing more and more of them each day.

The Ecosport can burn, though. :coffee:
Wife has an Edge ST - super happy with it actually. scoots when put in sport mode. in normal mode, a solid daily driver with plenty of room. She came out of a Volvo wagon - T6 with Polestar - not a lot of cars like that now. The ST handles well, is comfy, and is a good size for daily vs something 'big' like the Explorer.

From what I understand the Edge line is dead this year too.

Wife has an Edge ST - super happy with it actually. scoots when put in sport mode. in normal mode, a solid daily driver with plenty of room. She came out of a Volvo wagon - T6 with Polestar - not a lot of cars like that now. The ST handles well, is comfy, and is a good size for daily vs something 'big' like the Explorer.

From what I understand the Edge line is dead this year too.
Well very cool, appreciate you sharing that insight. I always looked at the Edge and Explorer ST's a bit cynically but I can definitely see where they slot in nicely with the right driver preferences / daily needs. And it's just nice to hear that it's meaningfully sporty. The Edge ST actually has a pretty nice presence to it. Wish they still had something funky like the Flex, I stopped seeing those seemingly ever a few years ago now it's feeling like.

We drove both the Edge and Explorer ST's while looking for a replacement car- very different experiences. Edge is a FWD bias vs the new Exp RWD bias. That said, the Edge is much better dynamically than you would expect with the AWD system. Country and mountain roads at 60 mph are 'calm'. Her car has the optional big wheels and big brakes, which def help.

She rolled up on me one day at a light when I was out in my Focus RS - she put it in sport mode and took off from about 15 MPH. I had to floor it to keep up. I was very surprised how hard it pulled to 60-ish.

Agree, they are decent looking cars.

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I predict that Ford is going to lose a lot of money and a lot of customers!
Actually they have so many orders for the new vehicles they had to halt ordered this year to restart it next year. They can’t ship as many as are on order already. The company is poised to do quote well in transition they are catering to the Trudo/SUV crowd which is the majority of buyers here and they are doing it with hybrids and EV models which appeals to the younger eco conscious crowd. You may not like it. I may not like it but their future is bright they and GM are poised to outpace Tesla in the next 3-4 years.

Face it things are changing. I have thought a lot about a Maverick hybrid at 40 miles to the gallon in the city for a mini pickup it’s pretty dope.

The UK and Europe in a lot of ways are even more eco conscious than the U.S. So it’s really not surprising it’s just a sad fact . Do I think they could make a hybrid Fiesta that would be cool yes, though the are clearing the way for new assembly lines to build the new tech a lot of which would be harder to adapt to the old platforms hence new ones.

It was like when all the Nissan people wanted Nissan to resurct the 240sx/Silvia/180sx s13:s14 s15.
Nissan had shut down that assembly line it was old and out of date by 2000 it was to expensive to build on .

Essentially ya the teased with the IDX which would have been dope but axed it due to Ghosn and company being afraid of an expenditure that might have not reaped high rewards.

First and foremost car companies are in business to make money building and selling cars Ford saw were the bulk of the money was and decided to go there can’t say I blame them
Ya maybe they could have kept on building small gas powered cars but sadly that market is dwindling and we are outliers in the crowd at this point.
N

Actually they have so many orders for the new vehicles they had to halt ordered this year to restart it next year. They can’t ship as many as are on order already. The company is poised to do quote well in transition they are catering to the Trudo/SUV crowd which is the majority of buyers here and they are doing it with hybrids and EV models which appeals to the younger eco conscious crowd. You may not like it. I may not like it but their future is bright they and GM are poised to outpace Tesla in the next 3-4 years.

Face it things are changing. I have thought a lot about a Maverick hybrid at 40 miles to the gallon in the city for a mini pickup it’s pretty dope.

The UK and Europe in a lot of ways are even more eco conscious than the U.S. So it’s really not surprising it’s just a sad fact . Do I think they could make a hybrid Fiesta that would be cool yes, though the are clearing the way for new assembly lines to build the new tech a lot of which would be harder to adapt to the old platforms hence new ones.

It was like when all the Nissan people wanted Nissan to resurct the 240sx/Silvia/180sx s13:s14 s15.
Nissan had shut down that assembly line it was old and out of date by 2000 it was to expensive to build on .

Essentially ya the teased with the IDX which would have been dope but axed it due to Ghosn and company being afraid of an expenditure that might have not reaped high rewards.

First and foremost car companies are in business to make money building and selling cars Ford saw were the bulk of the money was and decided to go there can’t say I blame them
Ya maybe they could have kept on building small gas powered cars but sadly that market is dwindling and we are outliers in the crowd at this point.
N
The retail order for the Maverick has been crazy and orders for the hybrid version is through the roof. I think some people might not receive their Maverick Hybrid retail order due to Ford having a certain allocation of the hybrid engine for the Maverick. I had placed an order for the Maverick Tremor two days before retail orders closed for the EcoBoost Engine, but never got the confirmation from Ford and the dealer has been silent and never returned my email. Oh well, might be blessing in disguise.

Now I'm seriously thinking about what I can get next as an addition to the Fiesta ST. Going to be rolling on 185,000 miles some time tomorrow. I'm keeping the Fiesta ST but going to need something reliable as a daily.

Any thoughts on the 2023 Escape ST-Line? I know it's not an ST but we have very little option in terms of a pure ST.