Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First Track Day with the FiST... going *LIMP* worse than a whiskey binger

OP
Philld_with_donuts
Thread Starter #21
Hello again! Just to follow up on this, I had another rallycross event this weekend. It was a mad dash to get the car back together in time, but it performed flawlessly.

I talked to an Uncle that works at the Ford HQ on the v6 ecoboost motor, and talked through the symptoms and errors I was seeing.
He agreed with our suspicions that about the P068A being related to the kill switch.

After installing the Mishimoto rad and getting the car back together, I never used the kill switch once, unless I waited several minutes after shutting the car off (even though he said I needed less than a minute for everything to power down.)

P068A never came back once, and car never went into limp mode.

I did find a few instances where the car wouldn't start, but I realized that with the harness tucked up under the dash, the RF sensors (or whatever they use), couldn't sense the key fob was in the vehicle.
After just clipping the key fob to the harness, on top of the one of the sensors, never had that issue again. (Maybe the batteries are getting low in the fobbit?)

I appreciate everyone who chimed in and offered their insight and feedback!
Considering this problem solved!

( I started off very allergic to apexes - and traction)
IMG_5782.jpg

(But the rest of the day went much better!)
IMG_5799.jpg IMG_5803.jpg IMG_5807.jpg

First of removing the heater core was a BIG mistake. While uncomfortable to drive with the heat on FULL HOT it does provide for some additional cooling capacity in pinch. With the cooling system in the Fiesta being rather marginal that Heater may have been the trick to keep running at full power.

BTW, if you are going to pull the condenser I would STRONGLY advise that you install a Mountune 3 pass radiator at the same time. Just installed one in my 2019 and have not heard the cooling fans once since the installation.

TemecFist

"Running down Z06's" and "passing 911's" and Viper CC's?
Bwahahahahahaha.

I love this car as much as anyone else on here, but sometimes, the Fiesta community is just too much.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Bwahahahahahaha.

I love this car as much as anyone else on here, but sometimes, the Fiesta community is just too much.
Why? I've passed numerous Corvettes, GT350s, Camaro 1LEs, FoSTs, Porsches, and much more higher value cars at the road course that I go to. Sure they probably need a driver mod but it goes to show you just because you have a nice car doesn't mean you can drive it for shit lol

TemecFist

Why? I've passed numerous Corvettes, GT350s, Camaro 1LEs, FoSTs, Porsches, and much more higher value cars at the road course that I go to. Sure they probably need a driver mod but it goes to show you just because you have a nice car doesn't mean you can drive it for shit lol
I agree 100%. Driver matters more than the car....unless your monkey racing.

OP
Philld_with_donuts
Thread Starter #28
Bwahahahahahaha.

Guess someone needs a video... ;)

Surely they weren't driving their cars to the full potential. But a point by is a point by nonetheless.

Never got to play with the competition coupe, but he's a regular at the events, so I'm sure I'll get a chance again someday.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Bwahahahahahaha.

Depends who's driving. I've passed plenty. Don't take my word for it though.. Just add a LSD then track your car and you'll see.

TemecFist

Depends who's driving. I've passed plenty. Don't take my word for it though.. Just add a LSD then track your car and you'll see.
"Track my car"?.....maybe I'll try that out one day. Lmfao

Last edited:

TemecFist

To be clear, my original comment was more geared towards the typical younger generation of Fiesta drivers (which is the majority). The same guys who say they smoked a vette, or a Huracan, or a GTR because their car is "so fast"......with an E-tune. Lol.
These types have zero clue as to what a fast car is. The Fiesta (in my opinion) was never meant for monkey racing aka roll racing. I agree with everyone here tho. The Fiesta will more than hold it's own on a road course, but being competitive against a Z06 or CC it will never be (taking away the driver).

If I want to monkey race, then Iā€Œ go into my garage and pull out one of the toys that happens to be nitrous and methanol injected. Game over.

Attachments

OP
Philld_with_donuts
Thread Starter #32
To be clear, my original comment was more geared towards the typical younger generation of Fiesta drivers (which is the majority). The same guys who say they smoked a vette, or a Huracan, or a GTR because their car is "so fast"......with an E-tune. Lol.
These types have zero clue as to what a fast car is. The Fiesta (in my opinion) was never meant for monkey racing aka roll racing. I agree with everyone here tho. The Fiesta will more than hold it's own on a road course, but being competitive against a Z06 or CC it will never be (taking away the driver).

If I want to monkey race, then Iā€Œ go into my garage and pull out one of the toys that happens to be nitrous and methanol injected. Game over.

Understood completely. I would never try to take anything straight up in this car. That's never what it was meant for. There's other toys in the garage for that!

And yes, car for car, a Viper CC is on it's own level. I've ridden in one piloted by an SRT Race Driver when I worked for SRT and there aren't words to describe how fast those cars can be, when piloted by an experienced driver!

The fact is, Fiesta's are fast for a normal car. With some modification they can sport a power to weight ratio of a very high performance car, but they aren't super cars. And most guys who drop super car money on those shiny show cars, aren't going balls to the wall at the track like some of us may feel brazen enough to do. So we'll get the point by, and brag about it, but hand someone else their keys and it would be game over.

TemecFist

Understood completely. I would never try to take anything straight up in this car. That's never what it was meant for. There's other toys in the garage for that!

And yes, car for car, a Viper CC is on it's own level. I've ridden in one piloted by an SRT Race Driver when I worked for SRT and there aren't words to describe how fast those cars can be, when piloted by an experienced driver!

The fact is, Fiesta's are fast for a normal car. With some modification they can sport a power to weight ratio of a very high performance car, but they aren't super cars. And most guys who drop super car money on those shiny show cars, aren't going balls to the wall at the track like some of us may feel brazen enough to do. So we'll get the point by, and brag about it, but hand someone else their keys and it would be game over.
I do have to admit, Rally cross looks pretty fun, I've never tried it. The closest thing I've done to that is being a co-driver in a Class 1 car for the Baja 500 and 1k a few times, but those cars/trucks can handle that kind of a beating. The beating that these Fiestas take in Rally is very impressive to me, especially with just minimal mods.

OP
Philld_with_donuts
Thread Starter #34
I do have to admit, Rally cross looks pretty fun, I've never tried it. The closest thing I've done to that is being a co-driver in a Class 1 car for the Baja 500 and 1k a few times, but those cars/trucks can handle that kind of a beating. The beating that these Fiestas take in Rally is very impressive to me, especially with just minimal mods.
It's a blast! I wish the runs were longer so you got a bit more seat time, but the car control required is a huge challenge and that's what I like about it. Very different than just taking racing lines.

There seems to be a lot of variety though around the country in the different regional programs. A good course lay out and site selection makes all the difference.

In my area we run one of the local dirt ovals a couple times a year and play with the high bank oval and the infield, but the best part is the "suspension unloading" that takes place are you run up the backside and drop into the oval. It's amazing what these cars can handle!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The beating that these Fiestas take in Rally is very impressive to me, especially with just minimal mods.
True, they are damn strong basic structures as far as the unibody goes, and even the suspension pieces which must remain factory stock, or be stock from other Ford models if replaced.

But, the full stage rally prepped cars are FULLY seam, or stitch welded everywhere, have totally triangulated and tied into everything cages, and the 'real' ones run an $8K+ suspension system on them, even in the 'lesser' (R2) classes.

That being said, I have seen some of the R5 Fiestas (highly modded and strengthened, but still absolutely using a base Fiesta unibody structure) roll multiple times on a stage, and still continue on to a second place overall finish in a stage rally. [thumb] [driving] [cool]

TemecFist

Triggered? Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your text.. You sound like a condescending dbag that's done it all and knows it all.
I'm not triggered. It's just that you said "track my car then I'll see"....sounds like your implying that I dont track my car. My avatar could possibly be a hint as to what my car is used for....heres a hint, it's not a daily driver, it's a full blown track car. Lol. Maybe it was me that misinterpreted your snyde remark. If your passing 911's and chasing down Vettes in your LSD equipped, big turbo, meth injected, e-tuned Fiesta with deer whistles, then I suggest you step up your competition level to where there are better drivers, then "you'll see".

I'm not going to hijack another members thread and congrats on meeting the perfect example of a stereotypical Fiesta owner. On that note, I'm out, you all have a good day/week.

Philld_with_donuts....glad you got your car fixed and all sorted out. Good luck and stay safe out there. Give 'em hell!!

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I'm not triggered. It's just that you said "track my car then I'll see"....sounds like your implying that I dont track my car. My avatar could possibly be a hint as to what my car is used for....heres a hint, it's not a daily driver, it's a full blown track car. Lol. Maybe it was me that misinterpreted your snyde remark. If your passing 911's and chasing down Vettes in your LSD equipped, big turbo, meth injected, e-tuned Fiesta with deer whistles, then I suggest you step up your competition level to where there are better drivers, then "you'll see".
Dude I totally missed your stickers. My bad.