Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST Chassis Bracing Complete. Big ups to Danny @TB for the good sh*t. REVIEW

To start it off, I'd like to state my goals as clear as possible.

When I traded in my FoST for the FiST, the intention was to eliminate most of the fluff and have a more enjoyable, more natural feeling car. Although the FiST is sublime in translating the art of fun into a driving experience from the factory, there were still gaps to be filled.

After an OEM track day shake-down at High Plains Raceway, I had a pretty good idea of what needed to be done in what order. However, I am not looking for that track day special. Far from it. More so along the lines of a suitable DD that can cruise on the highway for many miles in comfort, can rip the sh*t on an AutoX, and track 3-4 times/year.

For this project, I decided to start off with the chassis. Then, brakes and power, and tires as needed.

I began with TB's Torsion Brace followed closely by TB's Traction Bar. Excellent products at great prices. You can find that review here. For some time, I drove with only the two braces on my car. The limits were higher, the car was appreciably more controllable, but something was not quite to my liking just yet. Installing those braces had made the car become more neutral, almost with a hint of understeer. And although there was certainly more speed in turns, it just wasn't quite there.

I emailed Danny @TB once moor and asked him if he were interested in fabbing-up a rear sway bar. I explained what I was experiencing and what I believed would fix it. Danny mentioned he might be interested in building a sway bar, but suggested I try out his Trunk Brace first. He said with the Traction Bar, the Torsion Bar, and the Trunk Brace, the FiST would be much closer to factory in regards to oversteer. Sounds good to me:) Also, that dude rambles on and on about suspension, which for a geek like myself, just loved to read. Cool dude.

Here's a snap of TB's Trunk Brace. As you can see, it goes beneath the flat floor. Also notice I have removed the plastic floor holders. Those will have to be cut in order to fit the bar then reinstalled.

Remember to get a torx bit. I believe it was 50, but not positive.

Super simple install. For the cutting of the plastic, I used a snipping tool (don't know what it's really called). I just cut away the plastic until it fit. Took me all of 10 minutes total.

Verdict: This car is on lock. It is everything I expected and more. Let's just say she rotates just enough at all speeds. I can't wait to get her on the track again, burn these RE050's, and get something like a Star Spec to really test the limits. There is no need to further the chassis bracing to my taste. What I was seeking, I have found. As a completely unexpected bonus, the torque steer has seemed to have almost completely vanished since the install of THIS Trunk Brace. Not sure how it worked out, but overall chassis stability on acceleration, deceleration, and through the turns is almost a 10 of 10. With the OEM tires, I feel the chassis is performing well beyond their limits. I can see adding in some more front camber with a set of sticky icky tires and the first part of my project will be complete.

Go and get yourself into TB's braces, especially these three. I really cannot go on enough about Danny's products, knowledge, pricing, and overall quality of service. We are very fortunate to have such fantastic tuning options available for this platform. I for one, am one happy driver.

Looks nice and great review, thanks for posting. I love reading these types of posts because without ever putting bracing on vehicles, I question just how much value it adds. It seems like everyone who has done bracing, has never regretted it.

Young L

semi related note....danny is legit. Had a shipping issue when i order the torison bar and he squared me away.

Izzy

Looks nice and great review, thanks for posting. I love reading these types of posts because without ever putting bracing on vehicles, I question just how much value it adds. It seems like everyone who has done bracing, has never regretted it.
I had the full EM Racing triangulation setup for my EG6...best mod I ever did...hands down!

OP
P
Thread Starter #5
It looks from your image that you run your car rapidly between cones in some way shape or form. You will not believe the difference chassis bracing makes on these cars. And really, you can't simply be satisfied with just one:)