Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST ergonomics issues

Reviving an old thread.

I just bought my ST a month ago and love it!!! However I can't get comfortable in the recaros. I'm short at 5'8" and struggle with the pedal placement. I'm not sure if im imagining but I feel the seat bottom is angled upwards at the front too much. When I get close enough to fully depress the clutch comfortably I feel the steering wheel is too close and my wrists get tired.

Is there anyway of lowering just the front of the seat and leaving rear portion alone?

TIA
Usually people believe it's not angled enough, so you must have really short legs.
Adjust everything to the extremes and then work slowly to get comfortable. Remember that the wheel can pull out/in, up and down.
Otherwise unbolt seats, add spacers to rear, re-install, enjoy.

Usually people believe it's not angled enough, so you must have really short legs.
Adjust everything to the extremes and then work slowly to get comfortable. Remember that the wheel can pull out/in, up and down.
I think maybe longer arms relatively speaking.

Didn't know the steering column telescopes. Thanks!!

I think maybe longer arms relatively speaking.

Didn't know the steering column telescopes. Thanks!!

Reviving an old thread.

I just bought my ST a month ago and love it!!! However I can't get comfortable in the recaros. I'm short at 5'8" and struggle with the pedal placement. I'm not sure if im imagining but I feel the seat bottom is angled upwards at the front too much. When I get close enough to fully depress the clutch comfortably I feel the steering wheel is too close and my wrists get tired.

Is there anyway of lowering just the front of the seat and leaving rear portion alone?

TIA
I felt the same way. Luckily I drove both before buying. I did not find the Recaros in the Fist comfortable at all. If I was primarily using the car for track, then Recaros all the way. But for daily driving, I'm so glad I got the standard seats. I felt the same in the Fost, but I suspect they use the same Recaros. The only time I wish I had the Recaros is when I hit the on/off ramps hard.

The only other car I really didn't like the Recaros was in my EvoX. Same problem, the seats were just too narrow and I felt pinched. I have a trim build, so I can't imagine how the stockier folks do it.

if I set my seat up all the way or forward enough I can reach the shifter but my feet feel cramped. I can't reach the shifter unless I cramp my leggs
seriously try a pedal lift spacer.

not even kidding.

I'm not sure if the shifter extension will help me at all but fuck it why not
I feel the same way. What I'd like is for the pedals to be farther away from me, not closer. Is there a reverse pedal spacer? :) The driving position would be great if I didn't have to reach 5th gear. The shifter extension would probably help.

Siestarider

I wanted stock seats for the lumbar adjustment when I learned Recaros did not have it. But added a $250 Schroth QF harness for tracking, holds me in seat perfectly.

I also had trouble with pedals vs seat distance, bought a set of cast aluminum pedal covers. Ended up with clutch pedal cover shifted down to hit floor at perfect disengagement (sooner than stock hits floor). Gas pedal cover shifted left for easier heel/toe. Took brake pedal cover back off so put max braking at same elevation as zero throttle. Have to say a little adjustment to these ergonomics has gone a long way for me.

I also tried to find an aftermarket highly adjustable seat, was prepared to pay whatever it cost. Finally concluded that too many electronic sensors are involved, good seats are heavy, and once tracking regularly, never know when those 6 airbags might come in handy. Unlucky fellow in a classic pearl 300 Z lost brake booster end of back straight Saturday, tried to slide his way out of trouble and put drivers side into tire wall. Thankfully he came out ok. Car probably totaled.