Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST Model Year Changes and Updates

I just picked up the car last week and have been looking for a central resource that chronicles all of the changes and updates to the FiST over the model years.

I have read conflicting reports on some things like the suspension changes being Euro only. Or changes to pad compounds with summer vs A/S tire equipped cars.

I have a 17 so I have figured out I have extra evap/emissons junk on the intake tube, was recently made aware I dont have a light in the glove box, or the ambient lighting above it.

Is there a resource with everything documented? Colors available per year, production numbers etc? Running changes etc.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
There's a thread I started a couple years ago on that topic which I updated through the 2018 model year, which added the back-up camera. I'm not aware of any changes since then, maybe this new thread will prompt some people who know about any to post-
Mechanical Changes/Improvements to FiST Over the Years?
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-improvements-to-fist-through-the-years.9186/

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #4
Tons of good info in that thread. I did search but never stumbled into it. Thats the kind of stuff I was looking for, thanks.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Not sure if I should PM the OP as well, but it's confirmed that the '18-'19 also get the 180 thermostat stock, on top of the rear camera over the '17's... this little change can make a big difference in overheating or not it looks like, guys with '18's are saying that they barely EVER even break 200 degree coolant temps even driving hard in the mountains.

Edit: At least SOME owners, FOR SURE, are getting the 180 thermostat stock. it's been noted directly on ones pulled by owners. The service manager the other day and Ford today on chat didn't deny anything when I mentioned that it appears the '18+ owners are getting these, they just used words to the effect of "that may be true" and "you're probably right", but they still denied me getting one since they can't reproduce the issue in 70 degree weather.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not sure if I should PM the OP as well, but it's confirmed that the '18-'19 also get the 180 thermostat stock, on top of the rear camera over the '17's... this little change can make a big difference in overheating or not it looks like, guys with '18's are saying that they barely EVER even break 200 degree coolant temps even driving hard in the mountains.
I am going to dispute this statement. I cannot find any facts that state we have 180 degree thermostats stock on our 18-19s . In fact I did over heat driving hard in Lil Tujunga Canyon at 2 in the afternoon and the ambient temp was around 80 degrees.
Until you have absolute concrete proof that my car has a 180 degree thermo I would not be running around saying its a fact that it does. If you do a parts search that part and number that comes up on Tasca states 13-19. There is no superseded number for 18-19 or separate break out for 18-19.
So if you can give us concrete actual part number facts stating the difference is speculation on your part at this time.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I am going to dispute this statement. I cannot find any facts that state we have 180 degree thermostats stock on our 18-19s . In fact I did over heat driving hard in Lil Tujunga Canyon at 2 in the afternoon and the ambient temp was around 80 degrees.
Until you have absolute concrete proof that my car has a 180 degree thermo I would not be running around saying its a fact that it does. If you do a parts search that part and number that comes up on Tasca states 13-19. There is no superseded number for 18-19 or separate break out for 18-19.
So if you can give us concrete actual part number facts stating the difference is speculation on your part at this time.
So Tasca is some random company, you really think they are the be/all end all of what every tiny part change is?

ANYWAY, at least SOME '18's+ ARE getting it from the factory. If OP wants to update the main list to use words to this effect "Some owners have reported receiving 180 degree thermostats from the factory", then that would be fair, but to say Tasca is some be-all end-all of 100% accurate Ford parts info is just not very intelligent, sorry.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So Tasca is some random company, you really think they are the be/all end all of what every tiny part change is?

ANYWAY, at least SOME '18's+ ARE getting it from the factory. If OP wants to update the main list to use words to this effect "Some owners have reported receiving 180 degree thermostats from the factory", then that would be fair, but to say Tasca is some be-all end-all of 100% accurate Ford parts info is just not very intelligent, sorry.
Tasca is a Ford Dealer thats online they use the same parts system as every other Ford dealer Until we have hardcore evidence i.e multiple pics from different people showing there cars have 180 degrees thermos in them and B: proof from Ford its not fact.

If you really want to get down to cruising temps when its cool out one can cruise with their thermo only partly open or even not at operating temps and read out a degree range that would be below full thermostat opening thereby not representing what the thermostat is actually rated for full open.
Oh and don”t put words in my mouth ,I did not put Tasca as a end all be all that is you words. So take the contempt response somewhere else.
I merely listed them as a pretty reputable source. More so than the hearsay you want to pro-port as fact.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Tasca is a Ford Dealer thats online they use the same parts system as every other Ford dealer Until we have hardcore evidence i.e multiple pics from different people showing there cars have 180 degrees thermos in them and B: proof from Ford its not fact.

If you really want to get down to cruising temps when its cool out one can cruise with their thermo only partly open or even not at operating temps and read out a degree range that would be below full thermostat opening thereby not representing what the thermostat is actually rated for full open.
Oh and don”t put words in my mouth ,I did not put Tasca as a end all be all that is you words. So take the contempt response somewhere else.
I merely listed them as a pretty reputable source. More so than the hearsay you want to pro-port as fact.
I just don't think they are going to update their replacement parts list based on what one of the last years was getting... with one person physically confirming and I have over a half dozen '18 owners confirming their cruising temps of 179-185 vs. 189-195+ for those with non-recall '15's-17's... literally, not a single '18 owner has reported any cruising temps in the 190's...

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I just don't think they are going to update their replacement parts list based on what one of the last years was getting... with one person physically confirming and I have over a half dozen '18 owners confirming their cruising temps of 179-185 vs. 189-195+ for those with non-recall '15's-17's... literally, not a single '18 owner has reported any cruising temps in the 190's...
Again with the speculation and lack of fact. Your opinion is valid as an opinion but you cannot state it as fact to fit your whim. All of what you state is also anecdotal as no has pushed hardcore logs. They are causally telling you. I could causally tell you my car spit fire. Unless I prove it with pics and whatnot its anecdotal at best and not fact.
‘Anecdotes do not make fact. Period.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok I decided to call Ford to see if I could get to the bottom of this seeing as I have a 2018. The parts guy at Galpin looked up part number RT1211 which according to online parts suppliers is a 190 degree thermostat. The funny thing was once he checked inventory the thermostat itself is a 82c aka 180 degree thermostat. I asked if Ford had superseded parts numbers or not a change. He said no it lists 2013 and on.
So apparently Ford is stocking 180 degree thermostats under the 190 degree part number for our cars now. It still did not make clear if that was in my car but it does make me suspect Dan may be onto something here.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Would the mountune radiator effect the warranty? Dealers can be rough
It should not. Mountune works with Ford and any mechanic or service guy worth a salt is gonna know the upgraded radiator protects the car.
Plus I will say this again and I have said before. If you can and they are around you seek out Ford Performance dealers, as they are usually more mod friendly and will no blink when they see mods on the car.

I heard somewhere that Ford May even pay you if you install a new head and/or radiator. May have to look into that one. 😮