Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fixed-Back Seat Fitment

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think that it's time to mount a fixed-back seat so that I don't have to wedge myself in with my knees in the twisties. I'm leaning towards one of Sparco's EVO II's or the OMP Champ-R. This isn't my DD anymore; this is my fun, track day, A/C car. I've got a set of Planted brackets and want to go with a side mount to sit a little lower. I'm not sure if I want to buy a pre-fab cage or just have a super-duper harness bracket/rear brace fabbed.

Who has done it? What fits? What do you love and what do you hate with your setup? Thx!

I’m planning to put my Recaro SPG in my Fiesta soon using the Planted bracket, so I’m happy to compare notes. Are you planning to still run the 3 point belt in addition to a harness?

I’m planning to put my Recaro SPG in my Fiesta soon using the Planted bracket, so I’m happy to compare notes. Are you planning to still run the 3 point belt in addition to a harness?
Have you measured the SPG to see if it will fit?

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Following... I want to put a Recaro fixed back in but am having second thoughts about it.

Just did some quick measurements, and the SPG will be a tight fit. Depending on how high the planted bracket places the seat, the shoulder wing might rub the b pillar. I think there is just enough space, but it will be close.

if you are buying a Recaro seat, the pole position or maybe the RSG will be a better choice.

Just did some quick measurements, and the SPG will be a tight fit. Depending on how high the planted bracket places the seat, the shoulder wing might rub the b pillar. I think there is just enough space, but it will be close.

if you are buying a Recaro seat, the pole position or maybe the RSG will be a better choice.
interested in seeing photos, how close are you to your install? About to buy a seat with similar measurements as the SPG so just want to make sure I’ll be good before committing.

Wes7

I still have to buy the brackets, so not particularly. I’m going to try to do some more thorough measurements today though. Anybody with a Planted bracket able to measure the height of the bracket from the floor?

I still have to buy the brackets, so not particularly. I’m going to try to do some more thorough measurements today though. Anybody with a Planted bracket able to measure the height of the bracket from the floor?
I have a Planted. Stand by for measurements.

Wes7

I just did some more thorough measurements, and it looks like the shoulder wings should clear by about 5mm to the B pillar. There is enough complexity between side mount brand, seat position, etc that I’m still concerned. I’m confident enough that I’m going to go ahead and order the Planted bracket and some sliders and give it a go, though.

The next big hurdle will be the seat belt receiver. It needs to go through the harness pass through on the seat to function properly (as opposed to running the waist belt over the bolsters), but I’m not sure that the Planted / SPG combo will allow for that with the stock receiver. I think the stock receiver is flexible enough it might thread through, but we’ll see.

So this thread was good timing as I was about to do my driver seat install at the time. It's took some time because of slider issues from Corbeau (didn't send me the correct parts). But after following the Sparco Seat Install + Airbag thread, my Corbeau FX1 Pro seat is in. I opted for the microsuede option instead of cloth.

The photo doesn't do it justice, the shoulders of the seat are within the car by a few milimeters. It's a tight fit, but not as tight as I expected it to be.

DSC_3432.jpg