Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Flex-Free Cornering. Mishimoto Fiesta ST Trunk Brace R&D

image.jpeg image.jpeg I got mine yesterday I can't wait install it. I was horrified when it came ups managed to destroy the box. Luckily all the hardware was still there and the bar with one or two paint chips no big deal it was all well packaged.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #109
I purchased through one of your retailers... since I had a gift card. Any idea when these will be mailed out? I've not received word from anyone but purchased this quite a while ago.
Suppose to be 6/23/16. Have not received any tracking emails yet either.
Yeah, I'm on the same boat. I purchased from mishimoto and still haven't heard a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just received Tracking number this AM [thumb]
mine too.. guess they're done.
I got it as well

Just got my trunk brace! Nice finish!

Great! I have to wait till 7/5 [mecry]
All Pre-Sale orders began shipping out last week so if you have not received your brace yet you should very soon. All of our pre-sales ship in the order that they were received so some of you may have already received your brace. If anyone needs additional assistance feel free to shoot me a PM.

I have to admit, Mishimoto's packaging is second to none [thumb]
Thanks for the kind words!

I got mine yesterday I can't wait install it. I was horrified when it came ups managed to destroy the box. Luckily all the hardware was still there and the bar with one or two paint chips no big deal it was all well packaged.
Ouch! Apologies that your brace arrived in this condition. We do handle shipping claims as part of our warranty if your package arrives damaged, and our customer service team would be happy to assist you. We will need these photos as well as photos of the damaged unit. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need any additional assistance with this.

-Sara

Zormecteon

I'm admittedly not much of a mechanic, and the brace came without instructions. Do the plastic braces that the "floor" fits into have to be removed to install the brace, then re-installed? Will it take a socket wrench or an end wrench to put it in? .. any hints would be appreciated.

I'm admittedly not much of a mechanic, and the brace came without instructions. Do the plastic braces that the "floor" fits into have to be removed to install the brace, then re-installed? Will it take a socket wrench or an end wrench to put it in? .. any hints would be appreciated.
Remove the 2 plastic covers on the side with ( I think) a 10mm socket and then you will need a T-50 socket to install the bar. Once I figured out the sizes of the sockets it took 5 min to install.

What Batnismo said. Very straight forward, with standard tools and sockets. I used an 8 mm socket, to remove the plastic braces, in my case and a T49 Torx. Watch the Mishimoto video. Will give you a very good idea.

Zormecteon

Ok, I checked the video. Thanx for letting me know that it exists... I just have to go get a TORX 50.

One thing I did learn from all this is the extra room that is being wasted in the trunk! I think I'm going to modify the plastic retainers so I can lower the floor.

Zormecteon

One thing I did learn from all this is the extra room that is being wasted in the trunk! I think I'm going to modify the plastic retainers so I can lower the floor.

The floor will sit in the lower position without modifying anything. There is a thread here somewhere, but basically you put in the front UNDER the plastic retainer pieces then pull it toward you. It WILL be right on top of the spare tire, but it works. I use the space created by having it in the stock position to "hide" things like an air compressor, jump start battery, cleaning products, etc that I don't want in the "trunk" sliding around.

The floor will sit in the lower position without modifying anything. There is a thread here somewhere, but basically you put in the front UNDER the plastic retainer pieces then pull it toward you. It WILL be right on top of the spare tire, but it works. I use the space created by having it in the stock position to "hide" things like an air compressor, jump start battery, cleaning products, etc that I don't want in the "trunk" sliding around.
You can't do it now that the brace has been installed.

Ford Community Posts