Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Flex-Free Cornering. Mishimoto Fiesta ST Trunk Brace R&D

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #45
Looking forward to this! ...you guys should test a strut tower brace next.[hihi] solve that debate once and for all.

Umm... If your test device is mounted solely to the cut brace (according to your pic), how will you get results from a solid brace? But I guess the bar wouldn't stretch anyways.

Also wondering how it'll prevent the up and down twisting without any triangulation... The bar should prevent the floor from "stretching". Can the floor stretch tho?? We shall see.

I'm sure you guys know what you are doing and I'm glad you are actually testing your products!

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #47
Looking forward to this! ...you guys should test a strut tower brace next.[hihi] solve that debate once and for all.

Umm... If your test device is mounted solely to the cut brace (according to your pic), how will you get results from a solid brace? But I guess the bar wouldn't stretch anyways.

Also wondering how it'll prevent the up and down twisting without any triangulation... The bar should prevent the floor from "stretching". Can the floor stretch tho?? We shall see.

I'm sure you guys know what you are doing and I'm glad you are actually testing your products!
Thanks for the input Levi! The testing rig we used for this trunk brace was heavily influenced by our strut bar testing on the S550 Mustang. If we develop a strut brace for the Fiesta, you can be sure this equipment will be used once again.

The bar addition will reduce flex, but not completely eliminate it. We will re-attach the brace around the displacement gauge to acquire our second batch of data.

Testing data coming soon!

-John

jayrod1980

Love this bar for the fact you keep your trunk and don't have to cut anything, plastic or otherwise. Just wish it didn't take so long [emoji41]

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #50
Subscribed. Very interested in seeing how this goes.
Love this bar for the fact you keep your trunk and don't have to cut anything, plastic or otherwise. Just wish it didn't take so long [emoji41]
Thanks guys! Testing was very successful. Data coming next week.

-John

jayrod1980

I think anecdotally we know this will help. It's a win-win since you sacrifice zero trunk use with your bracket. Please take my money!

MPA

I'm curious to see the data for sure - I always wondered if the bars actually did anything.

Do you have a link to the data you found on the Mustang?

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #55
Is the data going to be based on roll resistance and stiffening? I'm just curious.
Yes, we will be evaluating the flex between the rear section of the chassis.

I think anecdotally we know this will help. It's a win-win since you sacrifice zero trunk use with your bracket. Please take my money!
Thanks Jayrod!

I'm curious to see the data for sure - I always wondered if the bars actually did anything.

Do you have a link to the data you found on the Mustang?
Check out the Mustang testing at the link below.

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=349

Thanks for taking a look!

-John