Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust vid

I know my muffler and the resonator are black. I cant remember if there was over spray like yours but I would say that looks about right. I believe the system has stainless pipes and non stainless mufflers. So they paint them to prevent rust. Looks like the welds were painted to keep them from corroding too.

You should have gotten a bunch of stickers, paperwork and urethane hangers. If you didn't get those then I would worry

Brianmc27

I got all those, too. I’m sure it’s legit, it just looks different than the stock photos with that overspray.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
View attachment 26632
To those that have purchased this system, did yours have this weird overspray situation on the mid muffler?

Just wanna make sure I’d didn’t end up with some knockoff garbage.

Thanks!
its probably just to protect the welds - where they weld the resonator to the aluminized pipe would be rust-prone, the spray is probably to inhibit rust

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
These cars are not loud not at all. A school bus makes much more nosie so don't worry about it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
OrangeOregonFiST
Thread Starter #29
Just thought I'd update everyone on the exhaust. I'm happy with the tone and loudness but it's not the best fitting exhaust. In fact it's terrible. I've spent hours and hours adjusting it and it's either hitting the bumper, the rear axle or the cross member plate. I'm spending another day trying to get this to work. It's as if the got a couple bends in the system wrong.

OP
OrangeOregonFiST
Thread Starter #30
View attachment 26632
To those that have purchased this system, did yours have this weird overspray situation on the mid muffler?

Just wanna make sure I’d didn’t end up with some knockoff garbage.

Thanks!
Yes, same exact stuff on mine. After a few hundred miles it has turned into some weird powdery carbon like stuff. You'll get it all over your hands if you touch it.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The exhaust systems touching the brace is a fairly common problem with these cars. There's barely any room there's an aftermarket brace by Pierce I have one it will give you more room.
The thermal exhaust system comes with a brace.

OP
OrangeOregonFiST
Thread Starter #32
The exhaust systems touching the brace is a fairly common problem with these cars. There's barely any room there's an aftermarket brace by Pierce I have one it will give you more room.
The thermal exhaust system comes with a brace.

It makes so much noise now. At least it's not ruining the paint on my bumper anymore. I'm thinking about cutting the brace to make room.

OP
OrangeOregonFiST
Thread Starter #36
Ok, so, they gave us long studs for the center body brace. So I got four fender washers, four regular sized washers, and four M8 x 1.25 nuts. I used those as spacers to drop that brace down. You can see how I stacker them in the picture, fender washer, M8 nut, then another washer, brace, then factory nuts. I then readjusted the exhaust once more and put the hanger keepers that I forgot on and it's fitting much better. I'm still concerned about the axle hitting the exhaust and sending it into the bumper...

Attachments