Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FMIC Question

me32

1000 Post Club
I see so much misinformation from the ModBargains site that it's ridiculous. Nowhere has the hot-side charge pipe ever been legitimately been proven to be a restriction on the stock turbo and even ATP, whom sells a replacement, doesn't advise replacing it for the OEM turbo. If you want to replace it that's great, but don't do it under the premise of getting any benefits of any measurable sort. The donut may look weird, but it won't impede flow.

Despite the lack of third-party data on the DHM OEM-location FMIC replacement, I'm inclined to believe that it will probably be one of the best overall values for an intercooler not requiring modifications for installation. Obviously that's just a guess, but I think that they have had enough time to evaluate the competition and design something to specifically cater to that market. I'm pretty curious to start seeing the end-user data relating to it.
Your information is correct. Aftermarket Charge pipes are not needed on the stock turbo as of right now. Since right now we havent seen a restriction on the stock charge pipes with the stock turbo. Maybe in the future we see some gain.

Rhinopolis

You guys thoughts are that it can't hurt though, correct? I installed both charge pipes just because, and there's been no negative impact that I can tell from having installed both sides with the Cobb hard charge pipes.

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #24
Dang this made my day probably going to order the Cobb FMIC without the pipes saves about $200!!!

pwnall1337

Vendor
I don't understand this http://blog.modbargains.com/best-free-budget-fiesta-st-mods-for-maximum-power-on-the-cheap/ [MENTION=282]BlueBomber[/MENTION]

It says the atp omits the donut, but so does cobb. I have both the cobb charge pipe and atp charge pipe that came with my turbo kit and I was going to sell the atp hot side charge pipe because the cobb has a larger piping diameter and when I was holding it vs the atp it looked exactly the same.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-004&Category_Code=FIE (2" diam)

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/cooling/ford-fiesta-st-hard-pipe-kit (2.5" diam)

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #26
So can anyone tell me I can just buy Cobb's FMIC and not buy the pipes right? Since I'm on the stock turbo?

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
The Mountune charge pipes, as well as the others mentioned don't have the poor hose clamps that are found on the OEM system. As you tighten the OEM clamps there is a wrap around part of the clamp which pierces the rubber hose, with age and tightening, this clamp will fail the hose. I would at least change the clamps if not the hoses. The metal pipes are fine for stock turbos. I purchased Murray turbo clamps, which put a preload on the clamp to prevent it from loosening. Every time I've checked my clamps, they're still tight.