Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus St intake manifold on a Fiesta St

has anyone successfully tried this? is there enough space? my biggest concern is the clearance with the alternator

*tried to search the forum but only found a thread with intake valve deposits etc

Attachments

That is interesting. I haven't experimented with a Focus intake manifold, but I can tell you the clearance on the alternator is TIGHT. I have the anembo manifold on my car and it is a very close squeeze.

@Salty_FiST

Premium Account
Active Duty U.S. Air Force
That is interesting. I haven't experimented with a Focus intake manifold, but I can tell you the clearance on the alternator is TIGHT. I have the anembo manifold on my car and it is a very close squeeze.
Same! It wasn't the cake walk install I thought it would be. It wasn't super difficult, just not a breeze either. Un expected part finding the right bolts and nuts what didn't come with it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
eagle
Thread Starter #5
The 1.6EB and 2.0/2.3EB are completely different engines.
I was thinking something like an adapter plate / gasket in between

am more concerned due to the lack of space

Same! It wasn't the cake walk install I thought it would be. It wasn't super difficult, just not a breeze either. Un expected part finding the right bolts and nuts what didn't come with it.

You on the anembo as well?

for those who don’t get it car is currently on a ford puma intake mani, can’t find the FRP intake manifold or find anyone who can build a plenum for it, so looking for alternatives

Last edited:

@Salty_FiST

Premium Account
Active Duty U.S. Air Force
I was thinking something like an adapter plate / gasket in between

am more concerned due to the lack of space

You on the anembo as well?

for those who don’t get it car is currently on a ford puma intake mani, can’t find the FRP intake manifold or find anyone who can build a plenum for it, so looking for alternatives
Yep!! She pretty and pretty expensive. I'll post another of its currently installed status.

OP
eagle
Thread Starter #7
Reason I am asking is because they LOOK about the same size as the focus one (width that is)

sorry for so many generalities but can’t find the dimensions of either one 🙄

Would an intake manifold do much for our cars either way? I figured the turbo is suppling the extra air we need for power, the cylinders can only hold so much air i would think, regardless of there being extra space for it.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Would an intake manifold do much for our cars either way? I figured the turbo is suppling the extra air we need for power, the cylinders can only hold so much air i would think, regardless of there being extra space for it.
We've heard rumors of a bit more torque but it seems that Ford got the intake manifold right. Same story with the 2.0 and 2.3.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, I would think that the (smooth/non-turbulent) flow in/through the plenum, as well as how well it is port matched to the intake ports is much more beneficial than total plenum volume, no??

Erick_V

It's been done before on my previous platform and had gains. People would put the FoST intake mani on the MS3/6. I believe Damond made the adaptor for it. Not saying it's possible for us but maybe something could be gained from it. Likely from guys running bigger/hybrid turbos

OP
eagle
Thread Starter #14
It's been done before on my previous platform and had gains. People would put the FoST intake mani on the MS3/6. I believe Damond made the adaptor for it. Not saying it's possible for us but maybe something could be gained from it. Likely from guys running bigger/hybrid turbos
Yeap, found it

the adapter is ( I believe) the easy part. The biggest and probably only worth mentioning issue is the space , that’s why I started the thread 🙄

https://damondmotorsports.com/products/mazdaspeed-st-manifold-adapter-kit

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeap, found it

the adapter is ( I believe) the easy part. The biggest and probably only worth mentioning issue is the space , that’s why I started the thread 🙄

https://damondmotorsports.com/products/mazdaspeed-st-manifold-adapter-kit
The MS3/6 and the pre-2016 (I think) FoST engines are both Mazda L-series engines, so there are some parts interchangeability. The 1.6EB, aka Sigma, is a completely different engine designed by Ford with a different port size and bore spacing.

OP
eagle
Thread Starter #16
The MS3/6 and the pre-2016 (I think) FoST engines are both Mazda L-series engines, so there are some parts interchangeability. The 1.6EB, aka Sigma, is a completely different engine designed by Ford with a different port size and bore spacing.
The 1.6 tivct engine (fiesta ses) is also called sigma but I don’t think there any similarities between the two

actually it’s head looks more like the focus one than the eb fiesta 🤔

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account