Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

fogs

when i do yellow fogs i always go for a generic 12x12 piece of film off ebay. i find removing the fog, taking a 6x12 piece and a hair dryer than stretching it over the fog and trimming with an xacto is the best way to get a perfect fit and finish. i think the film was like $4 or something silly like that. the problem i have with the pre cut pieces is you have to get it centered perfecty and there isnt anything to grip when you heat it up. heat + stretch for the win

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I got the yellow pre cut to fit lens from Lamin-X. It's a dry installation so it shouldn't be too bad. I just don't know if I should take the foglight cover off first or not. Never put the film on to be honest. Just always got yellow fogs. I wanted to see how this went though.

I got the yellow pre cut to fit lens from Lamin-X. It's a dry installation so it shouldn't be too bad. I just don't know if I should take the foglight cover off first or not. Never put the film on to be honest. Just always got yellow fogs. I wanted to see how this went though.
I think technically you can put them on without removing the fog light covers, but it's going to be difficult to align them correctly because there isn't much room to work with. I'm having my friend do mine this weekend since everyone has been saying it's difficult to get the covers off.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have installed and removed the Lamin-X without removing the covers.
I now just use 2500K bulbs.
They are very yellow.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have always cut my own so no tabs.
If you remove the covers you can leave the tabs on.
If you don't remove the covers then cut them off.

Dave

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Just installed my lamin-x fog light covers in a "light tint"...It was a very quick and easy install and you don't need to remove anything to do so....Feel better now that those glass fog lamp lenses are fairly protected from getting damaged...

http://www.lamin-x.com/Ford-Fiesta-ST-14-Fog-Light-Covers-p/f146.htm

Next I plan on replacing the fog lamps with LEDs...