Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Announces Halting of All EV Production moving to Hybrids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
It took time b
Re regenerative braking, what do y'all think about the one-pedal operation? Seems like this may translate into more accidental braking / rear-enders... which is of particular concern being a motorcycle rider... and eight months later on the bicycle LoL... https://www.r6-forum.com/threads/4-000lbs-vs-400lbs.452136/

Yeah the materials sourcing, recycling and necessary improvements for storage, charging, power distribution, etc, etcetera has been discussed. There are so many improvements on the horizon. There should always be breakthroughs and improvements on the horizon. We're still seeing progress and improvement with ICE for that matter. There will undoubtedly be relative examples of the Betamax and MiniDisc (as well as tech-scam cases) in this ongoing battle for tech progress & supremacy. Just the natural process of vetting.

But I believe the need for additional improvement isn't what's holding up adoption right now as much the convenience aspect. Infrastructure in all its forms will begin to catch up as the demand translates to profit potential.

Taking us in a different direction...

Are these plugin hybrids that they're focusing on or will they not plug in at all or do we/they really know yet? Many choices, many directions to go in there. Plugins are optimal for those who live in a house with personal parking spots. A massive portion of the population resides in areas with shared parking. Re hybrid, my personal preference right now would be Series Hybrids. However I'm not fully versed on the drawbacks of that approach where the gasoline engine is nothing but a generator for everything else.

View attachment 61068
It took time but I learned how to feather the gas pedal when Regen was on in traffic so it was less on/off and a much smoother ride, but when I rode along in a Tesla the driver did not feather the pedal at all and it was annoying being pitched forward and back as he got on and off the pedal. I think this has more to do with tuning/programming, they could make the regen less aggressive, or slightly delayed so it doesn’t engage immediately off the throttle.

But none of that matters since Rapture is tomorrow.

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Time to get some Barney action going here... everyone sing with me...
View attachment 61061

One thing I will add to that comment, I LOVE the new tech. It's quiet, unbelievable amounts of instantaneous torque and wwwaaayyyy less moving parts and maintenance. The convenience aspect of fueling is its only hangup. I hope we'll see wide(r) adoption sooner rather than later.

The main reason this tech is being pushed so hard, is fear of being totally dependent on other nations and largely absent from yet another technological industry. The benefits of being on top of this spider out to a myriad of other industries that are unlike many other products.

Bottom line, if we want to be more relevant in future tech, we need to be on the forefront of its adoption... not on the heels.

I feel like a lot of people are actively rooting against this, without seeing that aspect of the bigger picture.
:ROFLMAO:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It took time b

It took time but I learned how to feather the gas pedal when Regen was on in traffic so it was less on/off and a much smoother ride, but when I rode along in a Tesla the driver did not feather the pedal at all and it was annoying being pitched forward and back as he got on and off the pedal. I think this has more to do with tuning/programming, they could make the regen less aggressive, or slightly delayed so it doesn’t engage immediately off the throttle.
I've driven a bunch of BEVs and hybrids. Most of them have at least two regen modes, one that regens just a bit off throttle and one that regens much more (called B or L mode and Sport in the F150 Lightning - the Tesla has several levels of regen). Anyone who drives by stabbing the throttle is going to be super annoying in a car with regen, esp if it's turned up. It gets worse with single-pedal-drive as that goes max regen and some hydraulic brake when the throttle is released.

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Make a Fiesta ST full hybrid or partial hybrid or electric with 400 mile electronic range and with a much lower center of gravity, less maintenance and approx. 575 Ft Lbs of torque and now you have my attention!!!! If not call me in 10 years once you achieve this technology and an infra structure to support it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.