Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Before I programmed mine with the tool it took approx 25 miles constant highway driving for the light to come on. If I drove to work and back it never came on at all.

Mine wasn't, I just followed the press the start button/brake pedal procedure when the tool arrived. Worked like a charm, I borrowed a fancy universal tool a friend bought from tire rack and we tried both ways and it would not program them with tire rack sensors installed lol

I followed the instructions on the first page of this thread and it worked perfect the first time. I have aftermarket sensors on sparco wheels.

Up to 16 should use a tpms12, 17 may have switched to the new style sensor.

The sensors you linked are correct.

Most tire shops will retrain your sensors for free, might be worth a shot, unless the installing shop managed to dink all 4 sensors.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Up to 16 should use a tpms12, 17 may have switched to the new style sensor.

The sensors you linked are correct.

Most tire shops will retrain your sensors for free, might be worth a shot, unless the installing shop managed to dink all 4 sensors.

I'm away for work right now but it sounds like you are right. The shop that installed my TD wheels with the FoMoCo sensors I provided said they had no luck pairing them just as I did. We'll see what sensors are in the OEM wheels waiting for snow tires to go on.

The new ones are a completely different shape, so it should be quite evident. Also most models switched in 17, so I wouldn't be surprised.

haste

1000 Post Club
Just remember, you don't have to use the 2 second hold when pushing the Start/Stop button. Just follow the sequence. It helps things go a little faster.

The new ones are a completely different shape, so it should be quite evident. Also most models switched in 17, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I finally checked and the sensors on my 17' are exactly the same as what everyone in this thread has discussed. They're marked DE8T-1A180-AA and FE3MAF4.
My issue was actually bad sensors which I've still got but was refunded by the seller on Amazon.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The directions in the first post can be modified.

There is absolutely no need to hold the ignition button for 2 seconds, just push it on and off.

The quick digest portable version for a photo-shot on your phone...

=====================================================================================
2016 Ford Fiesta ST
TPMS Relearn Procedure

Ignition OFF:

1) On, Off, On, Off

2) On
3) Press/release Brake
4) Off

5) On, Off, On, Off

6) On
7) BEEP

8) Front-Driver
9) BEEP
10) Front-Passenger
11) BEEP
12) Rear-Passenger
13) BEEP
14) Rear-Driver
15) BEEP

16) Off
=====================================================================================

haste

1000 Post Club
The quick digest portable version for a photo-shot on your phone...

2016 Ford Fiesta ST
TPMS Relearn Procedure

Ignition OFF:

1) On, Off, On, Off

2) On
3) Press/release Brake
4) Off

5) On, Off, On, Off

6) On
7) BEEP

8) Front-Driver
9) BEEP
10) Front-Passenger
11) BEEP
12) Rear-Passenger
13) BEEP
14) Rear-Driver
15) BEEP

16) Off
YEESSSSS! Awesome man. Play it like a video game, button mashing time! :p

Thanks for posting.

slopoke

I finally got my sensors to train after many frustrating tries on multiple days. I purchased a set of wheels with tires from a forum member and they are only two years old by the date codes on the tires, so the batteries in the sensors should be good. I got a TPMS light and tried training them multiple ways.

One was making sure the air in the tires were good, then getting the car into learning mode, then releasing the air to get the BCM to recognize the sensor. Tried multiple times and couldn't get them to train.

So I bought the Motorcraft activation tool and tried the method at the beginning of this thread. Tried it a dozen times, still didn't work. All it did was frustrate the poop out of me. Went for a short drive, because I learned that centrifugal forces gets the sensors to "wake up". Parked the car, got it into training mode and went around the car with the activation tool. Worked like a champ.

Thanks Intuit! I just had to reinstall my stock wheels and tires and your shortened “How-to” made it a breeze[pray]