Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Ford Focus RS with Performance Parts

Focus RS News

1000 Post Club
Staff Member

I know everyone loves the Focus RS, and I do too. I just felt like there was something missing last year when I drove a factory fresh 2016 model. It just didn’t have enough for me. I wasn’t exactly sure what enough meant because it was plenty good at a lot of things, but it just didn’t hit the right notes. Now, if you stuff in a few warrantied Ford Performance parts, everything changes.

The folks at Ford Performance massaged more power out of the 2.3-liter turbocharged inline-4 with a cat-back exhaust and a flash tune, which combine to add an extra 20 hp and 26 lb-ft of torque. While still far from crazy, that math adds up to around 370 hp, which is more than enough to make this Focus feel special. The short throw shifter, too, makes it feel sharp and precise -- a true driver’s car.

The performance parts from Ford aren’t cheap: the cat-back exhaust costs $1,825, the short throw shifter costs $488, and recalibrating the engine controller sets you back another $620 -- add to that the $244 worth of RS wheel center caps and a $50 Ford Performance banner and you’ll add $3,227 onto your brand-new Focus RS. Seems steep, but it's worth it if you can swing the dough. The RS center caps add four more reminders that you’re driving the RS version of the Focus, bring the total number of RS badges to the neighborhood of 14.
Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/drive-reviews/ford-focus-rs-ford-performance-drive-review

Nice to see Ford have some performance parts from the factory but they don't want to sell many at these prices.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Most manufacturer upgrades are pretty ridiculously priced. At least that's what I've always have seen.

Aftermarket = cheaper and more bang for your buck.