Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team

Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Kim and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SYNC 3. I'll be your primary IVT rep, but Kim will also jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. :)

Rebecca

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[welcome]

Hello. Well the number one questions I have seen are will the 2016 Feista ST be Sync 3? If yes will there be a retrofit package available for the Fiesta ST 2014-2015. Seeing many here like to work on their cars. We would not shy away from replacing an infotainment unit. I know I would not.

[lovest]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome and glad to have you here.

Dave

OP
FordIVTteam
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

[welcome]

Hello. Well the number one questions I have seen are will the 2016 Feista ST be Sync 3? If yes will there be a retrofit package available for the Fiesta ST 2014-2015. Seeing many here like to work on their cars. We would not shy away from replacing an infotainment unit. I know I would not.

[lovest]
I can't answer which vehicles SYNC 3 will launch on, but more information will be announced soon. Since SYNC 3 is all-new hardware and software, we will not me offering a kit to replace the current SYNC systems. I encourage you to share this feedback and get your voice heard on our Ford Social site at Social.Ford.com. Our product engineers periodically check it for new ideas. :)

Rebecca

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I can't answer which vehicles SYNC 3 will launch on, but more information will be announced soon. Since SYNC 3 is all-new hardware and software, we will not me offering a kit to replace the current SYNC systems. I encourage you to share this feedback and get your voice heard on our Ford Social site at Social.Ford.com. Our product engineers periodically check it for new ideas. :)

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca...

That said...I'm sure Sync 2 will continued to be supported with updates for quite some time after the release of Sync 3 ...correct?

OP
FordIVTteam
Thread Starter #10
You are correct, BoostBumps. SYNC, SYNC with MyFord, SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation, and MyFord touch will continue to be supported and we plan to release updates as needed.

Rebecca

Elephant in the room.

Why no backup camera on the ST?

It would be amazing if Ford gave FiST owners an update that at least enabled it if they connected a camera themselves. TVNav or whoever they are want $500 alone to enable this feature on the ST, not to even mention the harness cost or cameras. I know an official Ford update will likely never happen due to a number of legal/liability reasons but it sure would be nice if us DIY'ers could rig it up and not have the software stand in our way.

At any rate, Ford, seriously...
A car at lower trim gets a camera, the top trim ST doesn't, and this is a car with C pillars the size of Kansas. I know margins on the ST are tight but, c'mon... Not even as an option?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Elephant in the room.

It would be amazing if Ford gave FiST owners an update that at least enabled it if they connected a camera themselves. TVNav or whoever they are want $500 alone to enable this feature on the ST, not to even mention the harness cost or cameras. I know an official Ford update will likely never happen due to a number of legal/liability reasons but it sure would be nice if us DIY'ers could rig it up and not have the software stand in our way.

A car at lower trim gets a camera, the top trim ST doesn't, and this is a car with C pillars the size of Kansas. I know margins on the ST are tight but, c'mon... Not even as an option?
Pretty please to this one..

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I agree with [MENTION=2044]Gonzo[/MENTION] as well as why there weren't an option for power seats either lol.

I guess I'm a bit weird as I'm a power seat and automatic climate hater.

Big difference with the seats being none of the other trims have that option, so power seats would be very expensive for Ford to implement. This especially being the case for their lowest volume trim which already has two seat options, the higher spec of which is bordering on too expensive as is.

Added weight and complexity for something that is trumped by a manual slider's speed and ease. That and euro models come in two door, where a manual release seat makes more sense.

Like I said though, I'm a bit weird.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
It wouldn't be too hard for Ford to make it work because the Focus ST has powered Recaro seats. Its just matter of getting power to the seats and maybe adapting the mounts. I would gladly pay more and give up some weight reduction for the convenience of memory seats.

Elephant in the room.

+1

And welcome!

Btw I notice some of the other counties got some update on the maps, will NA be recieving any? Or are we gonna have to pay for new maps?