Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford MyTouch to Sync3 With CarPlay Upgrade

Picking up a USB hub for CarPlay functionality?
Not right now, I use Android so unless the errors bug me I'll hold off for now. It's like $50 and I won't really be using it.

Edit: Well shit, looks like I didn't buy the screen, I bought a radio interface. ugh.

Last edited:
Well wish me luck, just ordered a screen, apim and cable for $270 US (think it's 350 something CAD, not sure if the credit card exchange rate is going to be worse.)
Nice! Good deal. And as @shouldbeasy said, you'll need an upgraded USB hub for Carplay. It will work fine from what I've heard with Android Auto, but you may see some errors pop up on the screen occasionally. YMMV

EDIT: Dang, that stinks. Well hopefully you can make your money back selling the interface and still pick up a screen

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #203
Not right now, I use Android so unless the errors bug me I'll hold off for now. It's like $50 and I won't really be using it.

Edit: Well shit, looks like I didn't buy the screen, I bought a radio interface. ugh.
Ahhhh! Shit. Best to always call!!

You'll be happy with the upgrade once it all comes together - I just updated my Sync3.

So I did end up getting the screen with an APIM attached, plus the ebay APIM as well. Anyone need a non nav APIM module? I have a spare now. $150 cad shipped in canada.

Fluffy

I made the mistake of not buying a vehicle specific sync 3 stereo, so would i be better off buying a new one for my specific vehicle or just take the time and flash the one I have??
Thanks

I would vote to flash it as well. It's really not difficult, and there are several sites online that will send you a file custom tailored to your car that you just load through Forscan. Takes all the guesswork out of it

I do think you should maybe update your guide, the easiest way to find the APIM module and screen is to look under the tv screen, not the radio. All the screens that start with the same 4 digests you originally installed will have the correct APIM module.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #212
I do think you should maybe update your guide, the easiest way to find the APIM module and screen is to look under the tv screen, not the radio. All the screens that start with the same 4 digests you originally installed will have the correct APIM module.
Okay! I'll add that at then front.

It looks like you lucked out with a 2017+ screen - the 2016 I have won't update to Sync 3.3, I'm stuck at 3.0.

Do you have the split screen? I can't get my CarPlay to show up in 3 boxes which I'm now thinking is related to version 3.3.

Ah, this is technically the ebay Lincoln screen I got that included programming, it was a 371 not a 370. I didn't bother trying the one that came with the screen, as it would need to be flashed.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #214
Ah, this is technically the ebay Lincoln screen I got that included programming, it was a 371 not a 370. I didn't bother trying the one that came with the screen, as it would need to be flashed.
I’m confused, can you run that by me again? Which vehicle is the screen you’ve shown from? A Lincoln?

It was out of a Lincoln, yes. The first 4 digits are different, the last ones are what matter. It was a 371-DF. Didn't take a picture before I installed it. This was the listing. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323942687160

Edit: the screen was out of a 2016 SES fiesta, the APIM is out of a Lincoln. The APIM that was attached to the screen was a 370 series.

Okay! I'll add that at then front.

It looks like you lucked out with a 2017+ screen - the 2016 I have won't update to Sync 3.3, I'm stuck at 3.0.

Do you have the split screen? I can't get my CarPlay to show up in 3 boxes which I'm now thinking is related to version 3.3.
Isn't CarPlay's new 3 boxes Home Screen dependent on iPhone with iOS 13? It shouldn't matter what version Sync 3 is installed. I am on Sync 3 v 2.2 and the new CarPlay features work. Unless there's some bugs with v 3.x. My 2014 was also upgraded from the My Ford Touch and you're right that it's like driving a new car :)

IMG_5967.jpg IMG_5968.jpg

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #219
Isn't CarPlay's new 3 boxes Home Screen dependent on iPhone with iOS 13? It shouldn't matter what version Sync 3 is installed. I am on Sync 3 v 2.2 and the new CarPlay features work. Unless there's some bugs with v 3.x. My 2014 was also upgraded from the My Ford Touch and you're right that it's like driving a new car :)

View attachment 24631 View attachment 24632
[emoji848]

So what you’re saying is I should update my phone??? Ha!

I’ll give that a try!