Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford MyTouch to Sync3 With CarPlay Upgrade

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Alright, so new unit is installed and working great. All that was needed was this code change:
7D0-01-02: x2xx xxxx xxxx

Needed to be updated from version 1.0 to 3.0 which I was able to do without first going to 2.2 so that was easy. For some reason I was getting a navigation fault at first but after doing a master reset (after the Forscan flashing and the updating), it’s working without issue. View attachment 26310
My Sync 3 still has version 1.0 but I was able to enable the NAV with these setting changes. Thanks so much for that. I used my old As-built and just changed what you recommended and it worked perfectly.

So I got around to installing my head unit out of a ‘16 and I noticed it wasn’t turning on, so then I noticed the wire that connects the screen to the “brain” was cut by the wrecker. It seems hard to repair since there’s like 4 small wires in there. Anyone have an extra they can sell? I contacted the seller hopefully they can somehow get me a new one. I found one on Amazon for like $20

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #263
So I got around to installing my head unit out of a ‘16 and I noticed it wasn’t turning on, so then I noticed the wire that connects the screen to the “brain” was cut by the wrecker. It seems hard to repair since there’s like 4 small wires in there. Anyone have an extra they can sell? I contacted the seller hopefully they can somehow get me a new one. I found one on Amazon for like $20
Oh I'd be complaining to the wrecker and getting a new one.

They can get that item off any Ford screen, but they should be on the hook for it.

Oh I'd be complaining to the wrecker and getting a new one.

They can get that item off any Ford screen, but they should be on the hook for it.
I contacted them and still nothing. I’m going to leave a bad review. I have a new connector on the way. Also gave Sync3 loaded into a USB. I can’t wait.. we’ll I hope that’s the issue cause if not imma be pissed

Hello folks. Posting after reading the whole thread and checking other forums. I own a 2016 Fiesta Titanium which came with Sync2, looking to upgrade. I'm able to source a screen + APIM from a 2019 Fiesta which is of course Sync3. The biggest doubt I have is with the programming. Will it be required for me to reprogram the APIM? The listing states "VIN number available", but I don't know if the 2019 Fiesta the system was extracted from has the same features as my car does (my car, for example, does not have heated seats).

Thank you all in advance, and thanks a lot for all the useful info in this thread. I was really close to buying an "upgrade kit" for $1500, glad to see there's a cheaper and more DIY option.

Hello folks. Posting after reading the whole thread and checking other forums. I own a 2016 Fiesta Titanium which came with Sync2, looking to upgrade. I'm able to source a screen + APIM from a 2019 Fiesta which is of course Sync3. The biggest doubt I have is with the programming. Will it be required for me to reprogram the APIM? The listing states "VIN number available", but I don't know if the 2019 Fiesta the system was extracted from has the same features as my car does (my car, for example, does not have heated seats).

Thank you all in advance, and thanks a lot for all the useful info in this thread. I was really close to buying an "upgrade kit" for $1500, glad to see there's a cheaper and more DIY option.
The first thing to do is if the screen size if it 6.5", also you will need the USB hub plus its connector in order to work with your new sync 3 and yes you have to program the APIM with the VIN # and the country code where its locate the car this can be done with forscan. Other thing you have to check is the amount of memory the sync unit has (nav or not nav) If you have not bought it it jet I would recommend Naviupgrade or Aliexpress and if you all ready have the unit go to cyanlabs.net they will answer all you doubt plus you could upgrade your sync 3 o 3.4. Good luck and enjoy the sync 3

The first thing to do is if the screen size if it 6.5", also you will need the USB hub plus its connector in order to work with your new sync 3 and yes you have to program the APIM with the VIN # and the country code where its locate the car this can be done with forscan. Other thing you have to check is the amount of memory the sync unit has (nav or not nav) If you have not bought it it jet I would recommend Naviupgrade or Aliexpress and if you all ready have the unit go to cyanlabs.net they will answer all you doubt plus you could upgrade your sync 3 o 3.4. Good luck and enjoy the sync 3
Thanks for the reply! I think I'm going to go the eBay route, I can get the whole kit with a navigation APIM for less than $450. Regarding the programming, would using my VIN # be OK even if my car does not originally support Sync3? I have read about Forscan and the AsBuilt data and everyone mentions "finding" a VIN #. I'm a little confused with that. Would I have many issues if I don't program my new unit?

Thanks for the reply! I think I'm going to go the eBay route, I can get the whole kit with a navigation APIM for less than $450. Regarding the programming, would using my VIN # be OK even if my car does not originally support Sync3? I have read about Forscan and the AsBuilt data and everyone mentions "finding" a VIN #. I'm a little confused with that. Would I have many issues if I don't program my new unit?
Ford fiesta titanium 2016 came with my ford touch and you can upgrade it to sync3, remember the upgrade hava to have screen, apim, usb hub , usb hub connector and the gps antenna. My ford touch system (screen and apim) are together neither of then are compatible with sync 3. for updates of your new sync with nav like I said go to cyanlabs.net, download the app, configure it and download the files choosing ANZ maps thats where south america maps are and good luck.

Ford fiesta titanium 2016 came with my ford touch and you can upgrade it to sync3, remember the upgrade hava to have screen, apim, usb hub , usb hub connector and the gps antenna. My ford touch system (screen and apim) are together neither of then are compatible with sync 3. for updates of your new sync with nav like I said go to cyanlabs.net, download the app, configure it and download the files choosing ANZ maps thats where south america maps are and good luck.
Thank you my friend. Parts will be bought today and will arrive in Argentina (home) in a couple weeks. Will make a post detailing the process and let you all know how it went.

So I've got a 2014 ST with nav, and I was able to purchase the screen / APIM off of a 2019 ST (not sure whether it had nav or not). Both vehicles have Recaros, so that option is constant.
Do I need to flash anything or would it just be plug & play in this instance (since it's ST w/ Recaros to ST w/ Recaros)? I did purchase the GPS dongle, which I will install under the dash.
The unit will be here this week, so I want to make sure I have everything lined up that I will need to get it installed. Thanks!

So I've got a 2014 ST with nav, and I was able to purchase the screen / APIM off of a 2019 ST (not sure whether it had nav or not). Both vehicles have Recaros, so that option is constant.
Do I need to flash anything or would it just be plug & play in this instance (since it's ST w/ Recaros to ST w/ Recaros)? I did purchase the GPS dongle, which I will install under the dash.
The unit will be here this week, so I want to make sure I have everything lined up that I will need to get it installed. Thanks!
In order to know the space you don't need to flash anything just need to have an usb interrogator which you can do it with the syncupdater from cyanlabs.net.
The minimum for US/AND (NA) maps is 16 gb (installs without gracenotes and reduce voice commands) but it's recommended 32gb.
If your fist comes with the 4" screen you would need the cable connectors convertion from sync1.5 to sync2/3 also the usb hub and cable to powered up.
If the fist came with 6.5 myfordtouch sync 2. Only need the hub and cabling connector and the pieces you already have screen, apim and GPS dongle. @youtube you could find how to installed 4dtech channel Naviupgrade infotainment and if you want to upgrade the version sync 3 to 3.4 cyanlabs channel will tell you how. To customize the splash or background you will need forscan a license and a BOD ELM327 with switch H/M
I hope this could help you to answer you question

In order to know the space you don't need to flash anything just need to have an usb interrogator which you can do it with the syncupdater from cyanlabs.net.
The minimum for US/AND (NA) maps is 16 gb (installs without gracenotes and reduce voice commands) but it's recommended 32gb.
If your fist comes with the 4" screen you would need the cable connectors convertion from sync1.5 to sync2/3 also the usb hub and cable to powered up.
If the fist came with 6.5 myfordtouch sync 2. Only need the hub and cabling connector and the pieces you already have screen, apim and GPS dongle. @youtube you could find how to installed 4dtech channel Naviupgrade infotainment and if you want to upgrade the version sync 3 to 3.4 cyanlabs channel will tell you how. To customize the splash or background you will need forscan a license and a BOD ELM327 with switch H/M
I hope this could help you to answer you question
Thanks! I have Sync 2 with the 6.5 screen. I am only going to use Android Auto, so not going to bother swapping out the hub (for now). And I don't care about the splash screen, although I do have Forscan and the ELM dongle in case I choose to in the future.

I also just verified that the car my unit came out of also had nav, so the configuration is identical.

Does the VIN need to be programmed? Or does that show up on the screen automatically?

Last edited:
Thanks! I have Sync 2 with the 6.5 screen. I am only going to use Android Auto, so not going to bother swapping out the hub (for now). And I don't care about the splash screen, although I do have Forscan and the ELM dongle in case I choose to in the future.

I also just verified that the car my unit came out of also had nav, so the configuration is identical.

Does the VIN need to be programmed? Or does that show up on the screen automatically?
The VIN number will appear. If you are going to use android auto you will need the usb hub in order to connect your phone. Other wise won't be able to have android auto. Wireless android auto comes with sync 4.

Hello everyone. Just as promised, parts arrived yesterday and the upgrade went swimmingly! The toughest part actually was to remove the plastic cover.

2021-06-14 11.25.28.jpg

2021-06-14 11.25.21.jpg
Everything works perfectly, which makes me wonder: I bought a non-nav APIM from a 2019 Fiesta, and I'm a little surprised I didn't need to program the APIM with Forscan, even the backup camera works just fine. Question is: will I have any issue? I plan to maybe update the software to Sync3 3.4 using Syn3 Updater (the APIM currently has 3.0), but don't want to risk a brick.

Thank you so much guys for all the data and help. You saved me a nice amount of $ as I was ready to purchase a kit that costs $929 and with this I spent less than $450.

Hello everyone. Just as promised, parts arrived yesterday and the upgrade went swimmingly! The toughest part actually was to remove the plastic cover.

View attachment 41273

View attachment 41272
Everything works perfectly, which makes me wonder: I bought a non-nav APIM from a 2019 Fiesta, and I'm a little surprised I didn't need to program the APIM with Forscan, even the backup camera works just fine. Question is: will I have any issue? I plan to maybe update the software to Sync3 3.4 using Syn3 Updater (the APIM currently has 3.0), but don't want to risk a brick.

Thank you so much guys for all the data and help. You saved me a nice amount of $ as I was ready to purchase a kit that costs $929 and with this I spent less than $450.
Congrats and glad to see you have your unit up and running, respect to your question about to update your sync with syn3 update with no problem if you follow up the documentation @cyanlab.

Yes they can be interchange as long as its sync3 and before MY20. The APIM are hold by three Philips screw. Hope I answerd your question.
Yes, thank you. was having troubel on ebay finding one specifically from Fiesta (price was high) so that should save me some money. Thanks!