Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

Need some help with this install if anyone can provide it.

I've gotten the APIM reprogrammed with Forscan, but I can't seem to get the rear camera "error" screen to show up, indicating that the functionality is active/on.

I've tried the different APIM values for 7D0-01-01 (I'm currently running A230 6105 C0D1, but I've also tried 2330 6103 0090) and haven't had any luck. Also tried it with updating the IPC Central Configuration and the BdyCM Module Configuration to enable the "Parking Assist Camera" and the rear camera, but I'm still stuck at the point where putting the car in reverse doesn't bring up any screens.

Help would be appreciated! I didn't want to go through the trouble of installing the camera without getting confirmation that the screen pops up showing that it's active.

Need some help with this install if anyone can provide it.

I've gotten the APIM reprogrammed with Forscan, but I can't seem to get the rear camera "error" screen to show up, indicating that the functionality is active/on.

I've tried the different APIM values for 7D0-01-01 (I'm currently running A230 6105 C0D1, but I've also tried 2330 6103 0090) and haven't had any luck. Also tried it with updating the IPC Central Configuration and the BdyCM Module Configuration to enable the "Parking Assist Camera" and the rear camera, but I'm still stuck at the point where putting the car in reverse doesn't bring up any screens.

Help would be appreciated! I didn't want to go through the trouble of installing the camera without getting confirmation that the screen pops up showing that it's active.

Not sure if you have seen this link yet. I believe this is what i used to get mine figured out. Hopefully you saved a copy of the stock codes to go back to, i just remember changing a few digits.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHcoSn0A7ZU&t=723s

Not sure what year* yours is, i think the codes may be the same... but if you PM your email i can try sending you the files i had.

Not sure if you have seen this link yet. I believe this is what i used to get mine figured out. Hopefully you saved a copy of the stock codes to go back to, i just remember changing a few digits.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHcoSn0A7ZU&t=723s

Not sure what year* yours is, i think the codes may be the same... but if you PM your email i can try sending you the files i had.
Thanks for the offer, but I managed to figure it out after a few more trial/error. It looks like I had to change some settings in the 7D0-01-02 memory block to get it working. Also had to revert to the as-built for the majority of other APIM bits because my APIM module was pulled from a non-Fiesta. Putting some steps here to help others if they run into this issue.

1. Go to the motorcraft as-built configuration https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/
  2. Get your as-built configuration
  3. Connect your Forscan and compare all the as-built bits. For me I changed all fields that were 7D0-02-## and up (so ..-02-## through -04-##) I changed to the as-built configuration. This enabled things like the hill assist button, outside temp display on the sync 3, and a few other things that were originally on my Sync 2 unit.
  4. For the 7D0-01-01 and 7D0-01-02 blocks, I changed around things to trial and error. Was able to solve a few issues with this (sync 3 navigation GPS was not accurate after driving a few miles, Rear Camera enabling, etc.)
Some side notes:
  • I also enabled the "rear parking assist camera" under IPC Central Configuration, as well as the "rear camera" under the BdyCM Central Configuration.
  • There's a Forscan F150 spreadsheet that goes over the memory blocks. YMMV on accuracy and availability of all the bits, but I think core features for vehicles share the same memory block/allocation/definitions
  • When programming, make sure you wait for the re-boot cycle to complete after you write all using Forscan THEN power-cycle the car/ignition to verify if your changes work. The Forscan app will prompt you to power cycle the car, just make sure you do it AFTER the first boot up from programming+verifying your changes and BEFORE making additional changes. I got impatient a lot and probably didn't test/check things as working.
I'm on a 2015 FiST with nav Sync 3 (originally nav Sync 2).

Trying to do this myself and I have 1 question about adding the pins to factory harness. Are you adding a rca input to match the yellow plug in connector or do yo cut the yellow adapter and just use the wires?

So I did this and have my reverse camera working great. A friend did the forscan programming and edited other parameters (such as speed limit, st logo, and such) I only now noticed that the blacklight on my stereos buttons is gone and my radio clock keeps reseting. Has anyone encountered this issue? I checked the wires everything seems good. I don't know if it's a forscan issue or what. I'm going crazy at night without seeing where my hazards or my locking button is. They all work fine. They just won't light up. (He activated the navigation, but colombian cars don't come with gps antenna so it didn't work, maybe that's resetting the radio cause it syncs with gps?) Thank you! I need my stereos black light back!! (Buttons in the image won't light up)

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Tapped in to the reverse light on the driver side. That way it only comes on when shifting into reverse.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
The reason I ask is....4D tech says not too due some black screen and delay of it activating the camera. But maybe that's for Automatic transmission vehicles.....who knows! I'll wire it up and see if it works right ! Just to see I guess.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I am running the SpecDTuning aftermarket tail lights. Does anyone know what color turn on the reverse light??

Basically the - and + of the camera needs to be wire to the driver side?

Thanks.

brbauer2

The reason I ask is....4D tech says not too due some black screen and delay of it activating the camera. But maybe that's for Automatic transmission vehicles.....who knows! I'll wire it up and see if it works right ! Just to see I guess.

I've never noticed any delay of any significance in the last 4 years.

I am running the SpecDTuning aftermarket tail lights. Does anyone know what color turn on the reverse light??

Basically the - and + of the camera needs to be wire to the driver side?

Thanks.
Time to get out the multimeter and test.

rutabix

I've never noticed any delay of any significance in the last 4 years.Time to get out the multimeter and test.

Yup! I had everything done down to connecting the camera power into the rear wiped wires.... (- +) made a difference... Had to get the multimeter to find the correct wires. Looking for the next project now!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yup! I had everything done down to connecting the camera power into the rear wiped wires.... (- +) made a difference... Had to get the multimeter to find the correct wires. Looking for the next project now!
What color were the wires did you use?

rutabix

Light blue in the middle, and light blue striped next to it. Not the purple striped next to it. I forget the (+ -) but if it doesn't work, switch. The two outers worked too when I was testing...not sure why two combos worked.

So I’m in the process of installing my backup camera and I was messing around with forescan to activate the backup camera and the screen wasn’t coming up when I put it into reverse. When I changed 7D0-01-01 to x3xx-x1xx-xxx that should enable the backup camera. I went to the APIM configuration and confirmed the backup camera was enabled there and it was. Also on my screen settings, a camera delay setting also appeared, but when I went into reverse nothing. So after messing around with a few numbers and no luck I went back to a video on YouTube someone here posted. I noticed on the line 7D0-01-02 his was xx9x-xxxx-xxxx and mine was xx8x-xxxx-xxxx
So I changed mine to a 9 and now the screen for the camera comes on shifting into reverse. I also read here someone also had to change some things on that block as well. I have a 2014 ST upgraded from MFT to SYNC3. I got the APIM and screen off a 2016 and I wonder if that had something to do with it. I just wanted to share if anyone else has this problem.