Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

brbauer2

Ok so I was able to add a backup camera without issue but now my center console USB ports are not providing power so my Dashcam and Android Auto no longer work. Anyone know if this is just a Sync issue or an actual APIM programming issue? The only number I changed was the one pointed out and I tried both 2 and 3, both worked fine but still no center console. Should I restore factory and see if the USB works then or has anyone seen this problem before?
Only thing I can think is you didn't plug everything back in on the back of the module or you somehow plugged the USB data cable into the wrong spot (there's two USB in ports on the APIM unit).

Now that I think about it, I believe I overlooked plugging the mini-usb plug back in, .. of course! I'll have to fix that tomorrow thanks for the reminder lol

Just an update, I've got a 2014 ST. I installed the backup camera, everything is working. Pins 14 and 15 already had wires in them. I removed those pins from the harness to put my camera in so it seems like my car had some of the harness installed for the camera. No clue where those wires went though.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Just an update, I've got a 2014 ST. I installed the backup camera, everything is working. Pins 14 and 15 already had wires in them. I removed those pins from the harness to put my camera in so it seems like my car had some of the harness installed for the camera. No clue where those wires went though.
What values did you use in FORscan?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Maybe your car had the wiring already installed. Did you check the hatch area for extra wires?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What values did you use in FORscan?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/16439-ForScan-and-how-it-can-help-fiesta-focus-owners

Maybe your car had the wiring already installed. Did you check the hatch area for extra wires?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I didn't really check because I had already installed everything by the time I got to the Sync part.

Hi gents, new to the forum and I am having an issue with the backup camera I just installed on my 2017. When I shift into reverse, I get the blue screen with "check your surroundings" at the top and a small + button in the top left but no image from the camera. After a few seconds screen goes black and then exits back to sync screen. Then a pop up message appears "camera is not available". Now, I have run the wires direct to the #14 and 15 pins. I have power to the camera, I am getting a 3 volt signal at the pins when the car is in reverse and 0 volts when not in reverse. Tried multiple APIM changes as suggested in previous posts. Can anyone shed some light into what my issue could be. I have been searching for days and I have tried everything.

As I understand it, and please correct me if Im wrong, if you are getting that screen with the + then you have the right apim changes. If you are getting a camera not available then you either don't have power to the camera or the camera is bad.

I am getting power to the camera. Camera is wired to the reverse lights. When I check voltage on the number 14 pin on the with the car in reverse i get over three volts. When I take it out of reverse it drops to 0. That tells me the camera is turning on and is producing at the very least a signal.

I am getting power to the camera. Camera is wired to the reverse lights. When I check voltage on the number 14 pin on the with the car in reverse i get over three volts. When I take it out of reverse it drops to 0. That tells me the camera is turning on and is producing at the very least a signal.
Have you tried swapping the two pins? I know I had a similar issue and swapping the two fixed it

Yep.... tried swapping the pins because one post said Pin 14 was the male of the RCA and pin 15 was the outer. Another post stated the reverse. The wiring diagram I found states 14 as "rear view camera signal" and 15 says "rear view camera return" so I believe pin 14 should be the male.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #252
Sounds like a faulty camera. If you are getting messages check your surroundings then it is not a FORscan issue. If you have switched wires around and nothing works. Must be your camera. I will note, that getting a blue screen when shifting in reverse is not normal. It should just be just a black screen. Sounds like something is up with the camera itself.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I am going to run an extension off the rca from the camera and plug it into a small tv to see if it produces anything. Then I guess I will know for sure where the problem is.

rear view.jpg

Looks like the camera is working...........Now back to Forscan.

Can anyone give me the apim they used on a 2017 Fiesta ST with sync 3?

I think I can safely say I have narrowed it down.

And please don't laugh at my cheap garage TV....yes it's a SOYO lol

What I used on my 17:

7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 C052

I did have to do it twice. I don't know what I failed to do the first time but it took a second pass at writing the config before it worked for me.

Looks like the camera is working...........Now back to Forscan.
Does that TV show you the format of the signal?
I wonder if the problem is that your camera is putting out PAL/576 line - I think our cars need an NTSC/480 line signal.

If it is capable of both PAL and NTSC then there must be a switch or some way of changing the output from one to the other. Maybe the manual says how to do that?