Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

Manual.........lol, it was barely in english and there is no switch present. I am going to order another camera that is only NTSC. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for. The stupid thing is there are barely any options (only 3 and one was the one I ordered) for NTSC on the Canadian Amazon. The US Amazon has pages so I am going to order from there.

Thanks for the reply quite98!!! I would have never thought of the NTSC/PAL difference. Hopefully this solves my issue.....If it doesn't, I am going to load both cameras in my turbo and see if I can blow them back to Asia lol

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Manual.........lol, it was barely in english and there is no switch present. I am going to order another camera that is only NTSC. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for. The stupid thing is there are barely any options (only 3 and one was the one I ordered) for NTSC on the Canadian Amazon. The US Amazon has pages so I am going to order from there.

Thanks for the reply quite98!!! I would have never thought of the NTSC/PAL difference. Hopefully this solves my issue.....If it doesn't, I am going to load both cameras in my turbo and see if I can blow them back to Asia lol
Several FiST owners have purchased the camera that also replaces the hatchback latch. It integrates the camera and the latch release button and better centers the camera. Not too expensive either. Check back in this thread for a link. I purchased one from the link but haven't installed it yet but others have and it works.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Several FiST owners have purchased the camera that also replaces the hatchback latch. It integrates the camera and the latch release button and better centers the camera. Not too expensive either. Check back in this thread for a link. I purchased one from the link but haven't installed it yet but others have and it works.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Can confirm it works great! Love having it in the handle versus the license plate light

Ya every time I tell people about the program name they think I am joking..lol

UPDATE!!! So this was bugging me so much I thought I would go over everything one more time. Found my issue and I will post it so hopefully nobody else goes through this.

The camera I purchased is NTSC only.

The advice I followed to use power supply connectors from a computer did not work out so well for me. I pulled the pins back out just to double check everything and I had a thought to slide them over the pins on the back of the touch screen to see how tight the fit was. To my surprise, it was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway!!!!! No connection. When I was testing it in the harness the probes were making contact and giving me a signal, hence I thought there was no issue.

I dug through some old honda electronics I had lying around and found a female harness. I pulled that apart and they fit like a glove. Had to do a small bit of modification to the pin because it had two small legs keeping it from going into the ford harness (I tried to take a pic but the pins are too small for my phone).

Plugged everything back in and success!!!!!

Thanks guys for all the help!!!!!

iso100

1000 Post Club
Ya every time I tell people about the program name they think I am joking..lol

UPDATE!!! So this was bugging me so much I thought I would go over everything one more time. Found my issue and I will post it so hopefully nobody else goes through this.

The camera I purchased is NTSC only.

The advice I followed to use power supply connectors from a computer did not work out so well for me. I pulled the pins back out just to double check everything and I had a thought to slide them over the pins on the back of the touch screen to see how tight the fit was. To my surprise, it was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway!!!!! No connection. When I was testing it in the harness the probes were making contact and giving me a signal, hence I thought there was no issue.

I dug through some old honda electronics I had lying around and found a female harness. I pulled that apart and they fit like a glove. Had to do a small bit of modification to the pin because it had two small legs keeping it from going into the ford harness (I tried to take a pic but the pins are too small for my phone).

Plugged everything back in and success!!!!!

Thanks guys for all the help!!!!!
Is there a consolidated set of settings to change in Forscan for enabling the reverse camera on a 2014 FiST with Sync 2? I'd like Auto dim to work as well.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

cnicdrv

Thanks to everyone on this thread, I was able to get the camera up and running. Mostly. The images scrolls vertically. It will stop on occasion and then start again.

Here's a video of it.

https://youtu.be/9rsunzIEEh8

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

brbauer2

Thanks to everyone on this thread, I was able to get the camera up and running. Mostly. The images scrolls vertically. It will stop on occasion and then start again.

Here's a video of it.

Maybe try a different value in FORScan? I had a couple different values that allowed the APIM to recognize the camera (none that made it scroll) but only the one that was 100% working.

cnicdrv

Maybe try a different value in FORScan? I had a couple different values that allowed the APIM to recognize the camera (none that made it scroll) but only the one that was 100% working.
So this morning it magically fixed itself. The image is no longer scrolling. You gotta love electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a video of it.

Any more issues with this?

I tested my camera with an external display, had no issues with power off the reverse lamps, nice clear image.

I hooked it up to the car display and I had the same issue as you show.. I figured it was the connections at the head unit since the wires are so small... I checked them, and made them better. Sitting in the garage I had no issue, but when I got to the first destination, the scrolling came back.. Now it seems to be fixed, but its only been a day. Going in and out of reverse the top gets a weird banding occasionally. If I tap the gas a bit, it clears up.

Any more issues with this?

I tested my camera with an external display, had no issues with power off the reverse lamps, nice clear image.

I hooked it up to the car display and I had the same issue as you show.. I figured it was the connections at the head unit since the wires are so small... I checked them, and made them better. Sitting in the garage I had no issue, but when I got to the first destination, the scrolling came back.. Now it seems to be fixed, but its only been a day. Going in and out of reverse the top gets a weird banding occasionally. If I tap the gas a bit, it clears up.
Seems to me like it might be an issue with interference

Seems to me like it might be an issue with interference
Can you expand on that. What to check?

My first action is going to be to check the power as it is the easiest to access. I used the power taps (which I never like to use), I'll splice them instead. My thought is, it is not a solid connection and causing a weak signal.

Can you expand on that. What to check?

My first action is going to be to check the power as it is the easiest to access. I used the power taps (which I never like to use), I'll splice them instead. My thought is, it is not a solid connection and causing a weak signal.
Unfortunately I would think that it would be using unshielded cable for the video wires. Did you use shielded cabling by chance? I could be off base, but I know I've had issues in the past with not using shielded cable, for both video and audio

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #278
It is the 14 & 15 pin connection from the harness to the screen. The connection is a weak connection and not making a good connection. I had the same issue. Changed out the connections and the problem is gone.

It is the 14 & 15 pin connection from the harness to the screen. The connection is a weak connection and not making a good connection. I had the same issue. Changed out the connections and the problem is gone.
Seems like you were right on this.

I pulled the head unit out, and although my connectors would push on fairly easy, once I added the locking piece to the harness, I could no longer hold the new wires, So when I was pushing on the harness, my new wires were getting pushed back, instead of slipping onto the pins. Must have been making enough contact to work, but not well.

A small dab of super glue on the wire where they entered the connector, was enough to hold them in place. A few tests and so far no scrolling or banding like before.

Thanks.