Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fortune Auto 500 Spring Rate / Upgrade

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just curious if anyone has spec'd out their Fortune Auto coils with the Swift spring upgrade and custom rates? My car is my daily, we have pretty smooth roads where I live, and it sees the occasional track day. Looking for suggestions on rates and whether or not the swift upgrade is worth it.

I've only put 500's on Subarus, but I can tell you is the Hyperco springs are way better long term that the swifts. They're ride almost identical but swifts tend to sag after long time use.

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I've only put 500's on Subarus, but I can tell you is the Hyperco springs are way better long term that the swifts. They're ride almost identical but swifts tend to sag after long time use.
what are you running on the fiesta?

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Just some BC-BR. Comfortable for a daily but I wouldn't consider them an upgrade for racing. Planning to move to the 510s but we're under contract at house so that will need to wait.
I was just pricing them out, they're very pricey but potentially the best out there.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So the standard Fortune springs are HYPERCOs??!
(I wish every coil over manufacturer offered those as their standard spring, I would never have to 'upgrade'! [wink])

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
So the standard Fortune springs are HYPERCOs??!
(I wish every coil over manufacturer offered those as their standard spring, I would never have to 'upgrade'! [wink])
No, but you can choose to have hyperco springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
well I ordered a set of 500s with 8k/6k springs, and Fortune Autos springs last night. I wanted the 510s but couldn't justify the additional cost. I can upgrade the 500s down the road if need be.

DAW

I looked at the 510s it’s like $2,100 with the standard springs. Please take some pictures and maybe a review also? I got my fiesta st new last July, still stock but I have ic pipes, ic, AP, TS em bov, Intake, big mouth comming in this week as my first purchase(s).

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
I looked at the 510s it’s like $2,100 with the standard springs. Please take some pictures and maybe a review also? I got my fiesta st new last July, still stock but I have ic pipes, ic, AP, TS em bov, Intake, big mouth comming in this week as my first purchase(s).
I only know one other Fiesta guy with the 500s, he loves them. I installed them and I loved installing them. I'll post something when they come in.

I couldn't justify the extra cost over the 500s for a car that will only be tracked a few times per year.

DAW

I only know one other Fiesta guy with the 500s, he loves them. I installed them and I loved installing them. I'll post something when they come in.

I couldn't justify the extra cost over the 500s for a car that will only be tracked a few times per year.
true, I want to know how the ride is compared to the 500’s though, is it really THAT harsh driving around town? No one has them yet so really nobody knows that answer.

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
true, I want to know how the ride is compared to the 500’s though, is it really THAT harsh driving around town? No one has them yet so really nobody knows that answer.
There is one person who has them, but he only drives his on the track. We've been chatting about them, in fact hes the one that got me interested in them. We discussed that the 510s are probably 90% of the daily driving comfort that the 500s are, but the 510s have 60% more performance than the 500s on the track. I did get custom spring rates which should give me a harder ride than my Swift/Koni set up I have now, and be better off on the track as well, but I will likely soften the dampening up for the street.

DAW

There is one person who has them, but he only drives his on the track. We've been chatting about them, in fact hes the one that got me interested in them. We discussed that the 510s are probably 90% of the daily driving comfort that the 500s are, but the 510s have 60% more performance than the 500s on the track. I did get custom spring rates which should give me a harder ride than my Swift/Koni set up I have now, and be better off on the track as well, but I will likely soften the dampening up for the street.
yeah, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, they make very quality products.

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
I’ve been looking at the MeisterR coil over kits— how do these compare? Anyone have experience with both?
I have no experience with MiesterR but I have installed a set of Fortune Auto coils and I really liked the quality. You could feel the difference in your hand vs a BC coil.

They are the same default rates, you choose higher ones when you order on either set.
My bad, I should have been more clear. The default 500s are 7k front/3.5k rear, while the default 510s are 4k front /3.5k rear- I wonder if it is meant to dial in more oversteer in the racing application?