Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fortune Auto 510 series coming soon

TDavis

1000 Post Club
You should look up actual track grade coilovers. All the Nitron stuff is around $5000 for a good set. JZR has kits in the $14,000 - $18,000 range.
True but lets be honest. Most will buy the "cheaper" stuff and be 100% fine with it. Which the "cheaper" stuff is by no means bad, just not as "good."

True but lets be honest. Most will buy the "cheaper" stuff and be 100% fine with it. Which the "cheaper" stuff is by no means bad, just not as "good."
Agreed. I actually had to convince a dude the other day that he should buy the 500s and not the 510s because he only occasionally did track days. These are for people chasing tenths.

OP
CFRmotorsports
Thread Starter #23
I appreciate the kind jester of driver mod LoL, but I’ve had well over 15 days on this track.. in this car previously and was looking for tenths. Car was on the same tire, powertrain, and brake setup as previous year.. only changes were roughly 64 lbs less ( if not less because I had a full tank, we’re last year the car was scaled with a 1/8), the 510’s, camber bolts and motor mounts and we picked up over 6 seconds!! Was able to carry 8mph more in some corners.

OP
CFRmotorsports
Thread Starter #24
The people on here, yes, even most with very track capable rides but who still drive them on the street, are NOT going to like those rear lower damper spherical bearing mounts at all, given how they HATE any NVH. [:(]

Yes, those bearings will make everything much more 'precise' (or as precise as one can be with a beam rear axle anyway) on a glass smooth track, but they will knock like rabid jackhammers on any road surface not as perfect as said tracks.
This will happen even if they use the very highest grade, Delrin lined, race quality, spherical bearings.
Surprisingly Enough with my car fully gutted I don’t notice much noise from these when it has been on the street, but in all fairness I have solid motormounts and a extremely solid chassis so there is a ton of NVH, so I could be missing that lol they are very stiff on the street ( could turn dampers down but it doesn’t bother me enough to do so for the small about it sees the street!)

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I appreciate the kind jester of driver mod LoL, but I’ve had well over 15 days on this track.. in this car previously and was looking for tenths. Car was on the same tire, powertrain, and brake setup as previous year.. only changes were roughly 64 lbs less ( if not less because I had a full tank, we’re last year the car was scaled with a 1/8), the 510’s, camber bolts and motor mounts and we picked up over 6 seconds!! Was able to carry 8mph more in some corners.
Suspension and balance is absolutely the best mod for reducing laptimes, no doubt about it. That level of reduction is extremely impressive.

Do you know if the rear adjustment extenders work with the Fiesta? I had rear Konis before, and was hoping adjustments would be easier.

TemecFist

Just go with Meister R Gt1's and be done. A little more expensive, but it's a coilover designed for track use, and well worth it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm sure these are great, but I just found out that I can get a set of the Fiesta R2T tarmac spec M-Sport Reigers (3 way adjustable, remote reservoir, front and rear), yes used, but freshly rebuilt, for ~$2500.00 or so. [driving]

And yeah, before you say it, I will, they are not necessarily the ideal for open tracking. [wink]

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I'm sure these are great, but I just found out that I can get a set of the Fiesta R2T tarmac spec M-Sport Reigers (3 way adjustable, remote reservoir, front and rear), yes used, but freshly rebuilt, for ~$2500.00 or so. [driving]

And yeah, before you say it, I will, they are not necessarily the ideal for open tracking. [wink]
Can you hook a brother up with a contact?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I believe that was on one of the Brit/Euro rally sites, but I am almost positive that those are LONG LONG gone now, approaching two years later (it was one set being privately sold, not a vendor buy-up and refresh type deal). [:(]

Also, I know you may have been willing to do this in order to get that 3 way adjustability, but this setup required a change back to the BASE Fiesta (different than the FiST's) front knuckles in order to work, and to clear the front half shafts/axles.

Last edited:
I think the 510's are a little more expensive compared to the GT1's, right? I went with the GT1's because they have more travel.
Seems FA has the most R&D on the market for our platform, as much as I love my MeisterR coilovers, when they wear out I will probably go to 510's. I helped a friend install his 500 series the other day, and the quality is much nicer than my ZetaCRDs. The hardware, collars and overall build quality feels much nicer.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Seems FA has the most R&D on the market for our platform, as much as I love my MeisterR coilovers, when they wear out I will probably go to 510's. I helped a friend install his 500 series the other day, and the quality is much nicer than my ZetaCRDs. The hardware, collars and overall build quality feels much nicer.
Just about Everything feels good when its new...The durability and longevity from road debris and ozone test will tell the truth with time!

kevinatfms

Maybe in the US with the USDM specific car. Overseas they have WAY more involvement in racing the JA8 chassis at an earlier time than we do in the US. The Ford global "B" platform for the Mark 6-7.5 Fiesta started in 2008.