Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FoST parts fit on FiST?

Sorry for my first post to be so technically specific, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried fitting FoST parts on their FiST? Specifically the turbo and intercooler. If they do fit (bolt-on or slight mod), any knowledge on power gains? I tried searching, but didn't really find much other than aftermarket upgrades.

I've owned several different turbo cars that could be upgraded with the "big brother's" OEM parts for some more HP, so that is what sparked this inquiry. Lol. I've only owned the FiST for 3 days and only knew of its existence since last Friday. I love it, but the gearhead in me can't help but to formulate a plan for more power.

Turbo, no, because of the FoST's turboheadifold design. I hear the intercooler MIGHT fit (read it on another FiST forum) though. They can be had pretty cheap ($100 on Ebay), but I don't know how much better they would be.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Sorry for my first post to be so technically specific, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried fitting FoST parts on their FiST? Specifically the turbo and intercooler. If they do fit (bolt-on or slight mod), any knowledge on power gains? I tried searching, but didn't really find much other than aftermarket upgrades.

I've owned several different turbo cars that could be upgraded with the "big brother's" OEM parts for some more HP, so that is what sparked this inquiry. Lol. I've only owned the FiST for 3 days and only knew of its existence since last Friday. I love it, but the gearhead in me can't help but to formulate a plan for more power.
The FoST FMIC can be "MADE" to work if you're not afraid of hacking the ever loving shit out of your car, and you'll need to plug the MAP sensor plug in the FMIC... it's a hassle but if you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be cheap you can do it but in the end you're not saving hardly anything over the much larger mishimoto FMIC, which though somewhat of a PITA itself, is way easier than making the FoST one work - we did the FoST FMIC conversion on pellonidesign's FiST and while it works it has hardly been "trouble free".

the FoST FMIC is only 406ci, whereas Cobb is like 496ci and Mishimoto is nearly 600ci, FoST FMIC is comparable to Mountune FMIC in terms of size, but the mountune unit has more frontal surface area, bolts right in, is warranty approved etc etc etc - like, how much is your time worth to you is the question to ask.

Check out the blog post I put up titled "Best FREE & Budget Fiesta ST Mods for Maximum Power on The Cheap"; that should give you quite a few ideas.

http://blog.modbargains.com/best-free-budget-fiesta-st-mods-for-maximum-power-on-the-cheap/

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
Check out the blog post I put up titled "Best FREE & Budget Fiesta ST Mods for Maximum Power on The Cheap"; that should give you quite a few ideas.

http://blog.modbargains.com/best-free-budget-fiesta-st-mods-for-maximum-power-on-the-cheap/
Yeah. I read around quite a bit before posting. That was a good resource that Google sent me to on multiple keyword searches. I didn't see much on FoST to FiST interchangeability. I guess because it doesn't really exist.

Thanks for the input.

I'm starting with a Cobb Stage 1 + Cobb CBE. . .lol. As a matter of fact I'm ordering them from Modbargains.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Tried to swap the intake manifolds, lol. Yea... Not even in the same planet of each other.