Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Found and ordered some sequential / dynamic LED mirror turn signal blinkers

i was able to use needle nose pliers pretty easily.

unfortunately before I tried the needle nose, i didn't know there was a locking tab. the page that explains how to change the bulb in the owner's manual never mentions the locking tab so I know i messed something up in a previous attempts pulling/pushing the hell out of the mirror cap.

the mirror cap will not seat properly on my mirror anymore. it gets loose every in a couple days and i have to hit it back into place.

Hey guys, while I posted something about this in another thread, if you guys are interested in a bit more sequential LED lighting, I did this over the weekend.

Amazon Link Here

There is just enough a gap in the tolerances between the headlight and the bumper cover to install an switchback LED DRL/Sequential Indicator combo strip for a pretty seamless install. Best part is seeing both the indicators in the mirror and the new strip firing in sync. This is just a temporary addition solution until I pick up a set of the Depo black housing euro headlights.
1576622426526.png

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Just made a short video of removing and reinstalling the locking tab without removing the mirror. Torch and a straight pic for reinstallation. I did not use the plastic pry bar that came with the indicators, just a flathead screw driver, a curved pick and a straight pic. No video of me using the torch to heat the pick and sticking it into the locking tab, was a little hard holding the camera.

View attachment 26180

View attachment 26181
This is a great video. I plan on making a video when I install mine if it's okay with you I was going to link your video in the description.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is a great video. I plan on making a video when I install mine if it's okay with you I was going to link your video in the description.

Everything except Hot knifing the clip.....other than that it was informal.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
As they say...."Your only as good as the tools you use". Hehe

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

DJKID, a piece of black electrical tape will make the orange light bleed between your eyebrow and the hood go away. I had to do that on mine as well.

DJKID, a piece of black electrical tape will make the orange light bleed between your eyebrow and the hood go away. I had to do that on mine as well.
Good call! I've been thinking about that lately actually. Thank you for the tip!

haste

1000 Post Club

Have at it, just trying to help the people that don't want their mirror covers falling off in the future.

Hey guys, while I posted something about this in another thread, if you guys are interested in a bit more sequential LED lighting, I did this over the weekend.

Amazon Link Here

There is just enough a gap in the tolerances between the headlight and the bumper cover to install an switchback LED DRL/Sequential Indicator combo strip for a pretty seamless install. Best part is seeing both the indicators in the mirror and the new strip firing in sync. This is just a temporary addition solution until I pick up a set of the Depo black housing euro headlights.
/ View attachment 26200
What headlights are these?

Amazon Link Here

View attachment 26200
By any chance, did you happen to do a write up on how you wired up your DRL/indicators?

By any chance, did you happen to do a write up on how you wired up your DRL/indicators?
There's already a few write ups in doing do with the euro headlights DRL light. It's the same concept so I recommend referencing that. I currently just have them spliced into the parking lights so they come on when I turn on the lights. I plan on changing it in the future to add an add a circuit to the fuse box so they are always on when the car is on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

There's already a few write ups in doing do with the euro headlights DRL light. It's the same concept so I recommend referencing that. I currently just have them spliced into the parking lights so they come on when I turn on the lights. I plan on changing it in the future to add an add a circuit to the fuse box so they are always on when the car is on.

Makes sense. I like the idea of having the white LEDs on as driving lights whenever the car is on. Should look good when you re-wire it.

While I cannot speak to whether one is brighter than the other, I have not noticed any drastic net change in brightness personally... I can say that the amber on black lens, even if it were not as bright (not saying it is or isn't, just a hypothetical.) seems to be even more visible and eye catching (as it is a dynamic LED strip) than the OEM Amber on chrome with the clear lens.

I would not worry about visibility at all and would say drivers should not have any issues seeing your indicator in any lighting. The contrast as well as the sequencing light strip aid in making the indicator very noticeable. I personally do not see any cons.

Is everyone putting the locking tab back? Seems pretty secure with the 3 tabs .

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk
I haven't bothered. I agree. Feels pretty secure without the tab.