Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front bumper bodywork and repaint

Decided to take off my Cannards, Fender and spoiler vinyl, and Front splitter. Refilled the holes made with fiberglass and bondo, then repainted. Turned out great and I love the simple, clean look. Honestly surprised the triple stage Molten Orange matched so well.

Attachments

That looks awesome!
For those that may have to do the same very soon, would you mind explaining the process you followed to prep and paint? Along with any materials you used?

OP
Eightphoenix
Thread Starter #15
That looks awesome!
For those that may have to do the same very soon, would you mind explaining the process you followed to prep and paint? Along with any materials you used?
Sure! First, I sanded (with a DA) around the holes with 180 grit sandpaper (so the Bondo would have something to grip onto) and worked up to 600 grit to smooth it out. Second, I filled the holes from the back with Fiberglass. Once that dried, I filled the holes from the front with Bondo. Once the Bondo (and Fiberglass) were dry, I sanded the Bondo down until all was left was what was in the hole. Then I sanded the entire bumper with 1000 grit sandpaper and used Grey Scotch-brite to scuff it with. After that I primed over all the bondo, sanded it smooth, cleaned the bumper, and painted it.