Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front camber solutions?

Hey there,

I want more front camber. I have yet to find any camber plates yet for the FiST platform, but as a few of you have already figured out, camber bolts.

What's the deal with camber bolts? Are they safe for track use? How do they install? It just seems so flimsy.

I'm looking for about -2? to about -2.5? up front to increase front end grip.

I'm all ears here.

When I lowered on h&r drop springs I used h&r camber bolts to bring the camber back to factory spec. I'm not lowered anymore but still have the bolts in.

They install very simply between strut and knuckle and let you pivot the knuckle more than the regular bolt allows. You should be able to get the amount of camber you want with them.

I never tracked with them but they seemed just as strong as the factory nut and bolt.

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
When I lowered on h&r drop springs I used h&r camber bolts to bring the camber back to factory spec. I'm not lowered anymore but still have the bolts in.

They install very simply between strut and knuckle and let you pivot the knuckle more than the regular bolt allows. You should be able to get the amount of camber you want with them.

I never tracked with them but they seemed just as strong as the factory nut and bolt.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. This is good news. I'd still really like to hear feedback from those that have run these on the AutoX or Track.

Not sure if you want a standalone solution. If not, the ST XTA suspension comes with camber plates:

Here's a link to an install: http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArtic...mproving-the-Handling-With-ST-Suspension.aspx

Downside is that you have to cut the strut towers if you want the camber adjustment without removing the struts.
For now, I'd like to stay with the OEM suspension. Great idea though:)

Chuckable

With a strut front suspension camber bolts and camber plates are about the only solution. I've run camber bolts on a track day on a Civic Si and had no problems with them.

I have run camber bolts on much heavier cars with no issues. Just have to make sure you torque them to spec, and check them every now and then.

SCCA authorizes actually slotting the top strut mount bolt holes, but that is definitely some work in a tight area car like the FiST.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I use camber bolts on mine.
I have over 30K miles on it and yes I have tracked the car.
I have never had any issues.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
It is better for the suspension geometry to adjust the camber from the bottom of the struts than the tops so if you can use camber bolts to do so. I have used them when it was the only solution but also have had them slip on track no matter how tight on a couple of cars so I ended up tack welding them and if needed to make any changes just cut the weld.

Since I could not use bolts on my setup do to 9" wide wheels to close to the struts and no camber plates made at the time I drilled new holes in the strut towers and modded the top of the coilovers a bit to get the angle I wanted.