Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Front corner tints

Trader history for jeff (2)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Snapped another pic while I was getting gas, figured I would share it. Its in the shade so you get a better idea of what they look like
Nice car! Nice choice of petrol!

Tell me about that steering wheel with the red stripe...is that a cover or an aftermarket wheel???

Oh man, I forgot that's showing lol. That's a bit of a ricey mod on my part. Its the stock wheel with red gaffers tape.

Its a popular thing to do on the Porsche forums. They actual use it for racing their cars, I don't, hence the ricey part. I just though it was neat.
The gaffers tape has very little adhesive so it comes off cleanly if I get tired of it

EDIT:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/915788-top-center-marker-on-steering-wheel.html

Heres the thread I stole it from. if its good enough for a GT3 right? lol. Their wheel has a spot the tape fits in nicely, ours doesn't but it still works out ok

I put the corner tints on this morning. I have never put on vinyl before. It was very easy.

1. Clean area with rubbing alcohol.
2. Spray down area with a lot of soapy water.
3. Peel sticky side off, place on light. The vinyl moves around very easily until you start squeegeeing water. Then it will get a little more difficult to move, but not to the point of no return. I got the same squeegee card that James recommended above. It worked great
4. Use a hair dryer and keep squeegeeing the water / air bubbles out.
5. Remove outer protective film and you’re done.

It’s very easy to do. You just need a little bit of patience. At first I didn’t think the tint would be dark enough, but it appears to be the perfect shade.

Some before and after shots:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Hey guys

I discovered that I accidentally sent out two driver side to one of you (instead of one driver/one passenger)...so it is possible that one of you has a set of two passenger side. If that's the case I apologize in advance, let me know and I'll mail out the correct piece.

That aside I have two of these left, if anyone else is interested in purchasing PM me.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Hey guys

I discovered that I accidentally sent out two driver side to one of you (instead of one driver/one passenger)...so it is possible that one of you has a set of two passenger side. If that's the case I apologize in advance, let me know and I'll mail out the correct piece.

That aside I have two of these left, if anyone else is interested in purchasing PM me.
Nevermind, I discovered what happened and there should be no errors.

Yes, I have a few sets left if anyone wants them PM me.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Everything is mailed out to all who I've talked with and I PM'd you tracking info. Enjoy the tints and holler at me if you have any questions.

I'm out of material but if I get a few more people who are interested in these I'll order more material and make another batch.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Hey folks,

Someone just Paypal'd me for a set of tints, not sure who you are as I have so many PMs and all I received was a Paypal notice with last name Weber, shipping address is Ephrata, PA...whoever you are...

I've ordered more material as I am out, should be here in 7-10 days, once I receive it I'll mail them out and send you some tracking info. Whoever you are please PM me so I can contact you easily. Had so many requests via PM but not everyone paid up so I've lost track of who is who, then money comes in after the fact and I don't know who is who....

That said now that I have another roll of vinyl on the way I can make about 4 more sets of these if anyone else is interested, please PM me if so.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
I'm mailing out a few more sets of these tomorrow morning, I have a few left, if anyone wants them PM me and I can include you in the mail run.