Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front & Rear lower brace

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The front 2 point....4 point and 6 point all increase Turn in....you will notice it when install is completed and out on a test beat. Evasive maneuvers can be done with a flick of the steering wheel. To avoid things like this...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #22
The front 2 point....4 point and 6 point all increase Turn in....you will notice it when install is completed and out on a test beat. Evasive maneuvers can be done with a flick of the steering wheel. To avoid things like this...

Appreciate it brother and makes sense. What are your thoughts on the rear torsion brace?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have both....I felt it made the vehicle more predictable if you like go karting it around town.

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #26
I have both....I felt it made the vehicle more predictable if you like go karting it around town.

Do you feel that with the torsion brace the rear of the car easily rotates out during cornering rather easily and more so then stock?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I thought it made it more predictable....than just wham... there goes the rear...

HBEcoBeaST

I didn't mean to sound like these braces make the car harder to drive. Just quicker steering, more traction and less body roll.

The FiST by nature can be prone to lift-off oversteer. These braces increase steering response so if you 'flick' the wheel mid-turn combined with lifting off the throttle, yes you can rotate, it is very controllable. These braces would magnify the mistakes of a less experienced driver having an 'oh shit' moment and jerking the wheel while lifting off. But in normal to spirited driving conditions and a mostly law abiding driver, this wouldn't happen on the road.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #30
I didn't mean to sound like these braces make the car harder to drive. Just quicker steering, more traction and less body roll.

The FiST by nature can be prone to lift-off oversteer. These braces increase steering response so if you 'flick' the wheel mid-turn combined with lifting off the throttle, yes you can rotate, it is very controllable. These braces would magnify the mistakes of a less experienced driver having an 'oh shit' moment and jerking the wheel while lifting off. But in normal to spirited driving conditions and a mostly law abiding driver, this wouldn't happen on the road.

Makes sense and appreciated the explanation. So do you feel the rear torsion brace makes the rear rotate out easier then stock or the vehicle more prone to oversteer?

HBEcoBeaST

Makes sense and appreciated the explanation. So do you feel the rear torsion brace makes the rear rotate out easier then stock or the vehicle more prone to oversteer?
It quickens turn in slightly and reduces understeer. Making the vehicle more neutral, which is a good thing. The car has never rotated on me without me wanting it to and I do cone events, canyon runs and drive the car like it was meant to be on a daily basis.

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #32
It quickens turn in slightly and reduces understeer. Making the vehicle more neutral, which is a good thing. The car has never rotated on me without me wanting it to and I do cone events, canyon runs and drive the car like it was meant to be on a daily basis.

Prefect and good to hear, really appreciate your input and help. I am going to go with the two point front chassis brace and torsion brace.

Erick_V

Prefect and good to hear, really appreciate your input and help. I am going to go with the two point front chassis brace and torsion brace.
That's a good place to start. I would say the car is more predictable with the 2-pt and the torsion brace. I autocross my car and if I want the car to oversteer I can make it do it fairly easily via throttle inputs and trail braking. Other than that the car reacts to inputs faster and more predictable, you won't be dissapointed

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #34
That's a good place to start. I would say the car is more predictable with the 2-pt and the torsion brace. I autocross my car and if I want the car to oversteer I can make it do it fairly easily via throttle inputs and trail braking. Other than that the car reacts to inputs faster and more predictable, you won't be dissapointed
Appreciate it brother, thank you

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #35
Does anyone know the Torque spec for the rear torsion beam brace? I found the one for the two point front chassis brace which is torque both bolts to 46 lb-ft then an addition 180 degrees of rotation.
Or the Ford OEM control arm bolts part number? I would like to replace them when installing the 2 point chassis brace as its recommended once the bolts are removed as they are stretch bolts.

Last edited:
OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #36
Does anyone know the Torque spec for the rear torsion beam brace? I found the one for the two point front chassis brace which is torque both bolts to 46 lb-ft then an addition 180 degrees of rotation.
Or the Ford OEM control arm bolts part number? I would like to replace them when installing the 2 point chassis brace as its recommended once the bolts are removed as they are stretch bolts.
9FEEA95F-320D-4345-8354-DCBDB723A9CA.jpeg