Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Frontlines fiesta build

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Hey guys sorry for the slow update on the turbo I just wanted to get it all tuned before I gave my thoughts on it.
I am e30 tuned now by Adam and I am really enjoying it! I don’t think the turbo is as good as like a whoosh. it’s not a low end torque monster. it’s a more progressive turbo. I’m hitting 20 pounds of boost by 3k rpm’s and max boost around 3700. It seems to help with wheel spins having the progressive boost nature.
before I installed the turbo I was 93 tuned by Adam and my Cobb access port was showing around 195 hp. After I installed the turbo on 93 it was showing about 265 hp. On e30 it’s showing 285hp 276 tq. So I’m pretty happy with that. I’ve done some 1/4 Mile trap speed runs with the acces port and my cleanest run I ran 103.5 mph which is pretty good on the street. I had some faster speeds but I had alot of wheel spin on those that might have messed up the readings.
In conclusion turbo bays hybrid turbo is worth a look. And they are available to rebuild the x47 turbo. They can rebuild it the same way puma speed had them if the turbine is still in good condition or they can rebuild it with their housing and make it more like mine. If your used to the instant torque you may not like it as much with their set up. But if your wanting to hook more and pull up top it may be good for you.
Is this spool time a limitation of the hardware or the tune? I’m surprised its pushing 3700 rpm to reach full boost.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Here is a v dyno on e30 I did with this turbo. 267hp 267 tq. During hot summer weather in Florida. So I should see alittle better numbers this fall. I think the Power and looks pretty good.
Hes on smoothing 1 and his peak is a blip further up in the RPM range. Try switching your smoothing to 2 or 3. It would clear that and give a more accurate torque and boost peak view. Would probably put it somewhere between 3k or 3.3k

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
From the little bit of the boost graph I can see down the bottom...your boost curve is much more linear and not as sharp as on my whoosh... When you made that pull did you punch the throttle or ease into it? I would log one and make sure I punch that throttle pretty sharp

We have the same tuner...slightly different hybrid set up

OP
F
Thread Starter #69
From the little bit of the boost graph I can see down the bottom...your boost curve is much more linear and not as sharp as on my whoosh... When you made that pull did you punch the throttle or ease into it? I would log one and make sure I punch that throttle pretty sharp

We have the same tuner...slightly different hybrid set up
Yes it has a nice linear power curve. I’m thinking injectors will be a big help for this turbo since it makes power higher in the rpm range.
I went full throttle in third as if I was doing a log for Adam.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Yes it has a nice linear power curve. I’m thinking injectors will be a big help for this turbo since it makes power higher in the rpm range.
I went full throttle in third as if I was doing a log for Adam.
That really doesn’t sound right to me for such a small turbo. Ask Adam if it’s possible to bring the torque curve lower into the RPM range.

OP
F
Thread Starter #71
That really doesn’t sound right to me for such a small turbo. Ask Adam if it’s possible to bring the torque curve lower into the RPM range.
The turbo has a big turbine for a hybrid turbo. I believe this may be the reason for the power being higher in the rpm range. Honestly it’s not bad. It’s not like it’s laggy. If I floor it at 3k rpm it goes immediately. It just keeps adding as the rpm goes up. I just wish it was making alittle more power.

OP
F
Thread Starter #72
New coilovers, wing extension,rainguards and st gel badge installed! Car is looking really good now. I have the whoosh rear spring bushing coming in. I’ll install those then get an alignment done.

Attachments

OP
F
Thread Starter #73
Update for you all. I traded my fifteen52 rims for some konig hypergram rims, 17x8. It saved a lot of weight. I then did a quick vdyno run and the numbers are looking a lot better! Gained 15hp and 25 wt. (according to vdyno) She feels more peppy now. I plan on painting these rims white. I’m really happy with these results and the turbo.(vdyno runs shows before and after. Red is before blue is after the rims)

Attachments

OP
F
Thread Starter #74
Another update for the turbo. I got new tires, cooler weather and a new vdyno run. I was able to hit 298 hp! I did several runs all were similar. Very happy with these results and this turbo. The car pulls hard. Also I was able to beat a is300 with a supra motor swap. It was on stock turbos. I want to get a real dyno run sometime in the future.

Attachments