Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FSWERKS exhaust appears to work with Curt hitch

Just installed a Curt model hitch that says it won't fit an ST, and that you have to cut the heat shield. Both are dirty lies! It worked perfectly, even with the FSWERKS exhaust that I ALSO just installed. Couldn't be happier with both. Looks like the muffler won't hit the hitch even with some vigorous jiggling, but we will see at the next autox. Even if it does, it will be an easy fix to stop the noise.

And no, I probably won't be towing anything...but my Santa Cruz and the wife's Marin are coming to the ST academy in a couple weeks, because freaking MOAB is on the way(ish)!!!!!

Pics below:

Attachments

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
After driving around a bit yesterday with two bikes on the back (possibly driving like a jackass and sliding a TINY bit) I can report ZERO noises or any other drawbacks to this setup at this time. AutoX tomorrow. Will PROBABLY take the bikerack off first though, hehe.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
LOVE the exhaust. Nice deep, smooth tone. Can be stock-like for cruising, or nice and fun sounding when you get on it, or enginebrake above 3500rpm.

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
Verified today at autocross on sticky tires....No crazy noises or any other interference with this setup on my FiST!!!

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thanks for posting this! I have a SeaSucker suction cup bike rack but man is it a pain to use. I'd much rather just grab the hitch rack out of the shed and then throw the bike on it than all the tire removing, car cleaning, etc etc.

How much did you pay for the Curt hitch? And what rack did you go with?

If I get one I'll be spraying it flat black for sure.

Just installed a Curt model hitch that says it won't fit an ST, and that you have to cut the heat shield. Both are dirty lies! It worked perfectly, even with the FSWERKS exhaust that I ALSO just installed. Couldn't be happier with both. Looks like the muffler won't hit the hitch even with some vigorous jiggling, but we will see at the next autox. Even if it does, it will be an easy fix to stop the noise.

And no, I probably won't be towing anything...but my Santa Cruz and the wife's Marin are coming to the ST academy in a couple weeks, because freaking MOAB is on the way(ish)!!!!!

Pics below:
Thread revival time. How did this end up working out long term for you? Did the hitch or bike carrier scratch on dips and driveways at all? Pros/cons?

I'm running the Curt hitch with stock exhaust. I did replace the hangers with poly, but also did not cut any of the heat shield. I only get slight knocking when I hit major bumps yet still infrequently. Good to know an aftermarket exhaust also works well.

I know see that this is a thread revival. lol