Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FSWERKS Green Filter Cool-Flo Air Intake Just Arrived!

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Its funny that no matter what car you have the aftermarket parts are all priced about the same. The parts for my previous charger hemi was same prices as these for a 1.6. Just thought that was interesting. Where is Kirtland AFB? I'm at the best AFB called Offutt blah blah?. [poke]
It's out in Albuquerque New mexico
Hoping to palace chase here pretty soon

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I went with the FSWERKS because they seemed to know our cars the best and the quality is great. I Think $300 is a lot but considering the the other modifications I am interested in FSWERKS sport exhaust and Cobb tune. Those are what like $550 exhaust and $500 for accessport, do you think they are $1050 worthy during every day driving? Do you feel the power difference a lot?
Oh YES [gunfire]

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #23
The AP? Yes, you definitely feel that on every day driving haha
OK cool I though so but just wanted to make sure. I mean it's very minimal HP gain for an access port but the torque is pretty crazy so I guess that's what you'll feel. The FSWERKS exhaust is the best priced and I think it would be a nice addition to my FSWERKS cool flo, unless I go with a custom 2.5 cat back to Magnaflow into two tips. I have a local Meineke with a nationally recognized pipe bender who's done all my cars in the past so probably going to go that route. His work is super clean!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Somebody who just put their AP on 93 two days ago... you can definitely feel the difference. And my MPG has been better since, which is weird because I feel like I'm gunning it even more. 3rd and 4th gear are even more amazing now. And you can pull in 5th and 6th with no lag or need to downshift. It's totally worth it.

My next install in an intake too. I had a Injein in my Veloster Turbo and it sounded amazing, so I'm kinda leaning that way. But I want to see what Cobb comes out with, because I'm kinda on their bandwagon at the moment. :X

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #25
Somebody who just put their AP on 93 two days ago... you can definitely feel the difference. And my MPG has been better since, which is weird because I feel like I'm gunning it even more. 3rd and 4th gear are even more amazing now. And you can pull in 5th and 6th with no lag or need to downshift. It's totally worth it.

My next install in an intake too. I had a Injein in my Veloster Turbo and it sounded amazing, so I'm kinda leaning that way. But I want to see what Cobb comes out with, because I'm kinda on their bandwagon at the moment. :X
So you had the Veloster turbo from factory? How was that car compared to the Fiesta ST? I thought the Veloster Turbo was a new car, but guess I just recently saw one so that maybe just made me think it was a new model

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I bought them both brand new. Only 30 miles on the Veloster and 18 on the ST.

I loved the Veloster looks. I know a lot of people don't, but I love the rear of that car. It reminds me of the Scirroco they have over in the UK. And the interior was very nice also. I'm huge on interiors; I think since I spend the most time there it should be very nice. The seats in the Veloster are more grand touring if that makes sense. They didn't hug as much as the Recaros but they were still very comfortable.

And it wasn't slow by any means. It's also on the lighter side, it's around 3,000 pounds I think. But the handling was just bad. They didn't change any of it from the stock Veloster. Now some people would say that's good because sport suspensions are normally rough and firm, as shown in the ST. But the body roll of the Veloster was just too much. I had an exhaust, intake, high flow catted downpipe on it, so trust me it wasn't slow. Only thing I didn't have was a tune because there wasn't a solid one out at the time.

But comparing it to the ST, it really isn't a match. The torque alone kills the Veloster, not to even bring up the handling. I will sacrifice a rough ride for superb handing and responsive, no problem. And that's what the ST does. It was a no brainer trading in the Veloster for the ST after driving it. No regrets at all. Especially after the Accessport and whenever I get an intake and some new wheels. Haha.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #27
I bought them both brand new. Only 30 miles on the Veloster and 18 on the ST.

I loved the Veloster looks. I know a lot of people don't, but I love the rear of that car. It reminds me of the Scirroco they have over in the UK. And the interior was very nice also. I'm huge on interiors; I think since I spend the most time there it should be very nice. The seats in the Veloster are more grand touring if that makes sense. They didn't hug as much as the Recaros but they were still very comfortable.

And it wasn't slow by any means. It's also on the lighter side, it's around 3,000 pounds I think. But the handling was just bad. They didn't change any of it from the stock Veloster. Now some people would say that's good because sport suspensions are normally rough and firm, as shown in the ST. But the body roll of the Veloster was just too much. I had an exhaust, intake, high flow catted downpipe on it, so trust me it wasn't slow. Only thing I didn't have was a tune because there wasn't a solid one out at the time.

But comparing it to the ST, it really isn't a match. The torque alone kills the Veloster, not to even bring up the handling. I will sacrifice a rough ride for superb handing and responsive, no problem. And that's what the ST does. It was a no brainer trading in the Veloster for the ST after driving it. No regrets at all. Especially after the Accessport and whenever I get an intake and some new wheels. Haha.
Very Nice, I would take the rougher ST suspension too. Most of us buy the car for the performance reasons so I expected that type of ride. The handling markes up for it though because the handling is so good I don't think there's another car that can compete on the track. I just think its so much fun taking turns with a excellent handling car that pulls like the ST. But back to the Veloster I knew it had to be fast with that motor but I'm glad I didn't look into it more and just went with the Fiesta ST. Thanks for all your input on it, much appreciated

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
No problem. It's a great car, it really is. But it just doesn't hold a candle to the ST. If they would spend the time on the suspension like they did the Genesis Coupe it would be an even better car.

MPG can remain high or even increase despite higher RPM use. This is because of your Air to Fuel ratio. To put things simply, you are just running the motor in it's more efficient range.

Had the COBB on my 135i and, of course, tunes work better on some cars as opposed to others, but it made my car an absolutely monster. If they can manage to tune the FiST the same way they do with Evos, STIs and Bimmers, then the FiST will be a badass little terror.

Why the install so late?Do ya notice an increase in throttle response? Would ya say it feels a little more peppy than before? Guys are killing me,can't wait till my goodies come In 2 days![chair]

-ry

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #32
OK just finished the first tank of regular in the car and filled up with 93. Huge difference from regular with the intake, it feels great, wow!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Damn, very nice. I still think I'm going to wait and see what Cobb comes out with but love hearing results either way!

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #34
Just like FSWERKS COBB knows our cars too so that wouldn't hurt to weigh out your options.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #35
Why the install so late?Do ya notice an increase in throttle response? Would ya say it feels a little more peppy than before? Guys are killing me,can't wait till my goodies come In 2 days![chair]

-ry
Haha I had the intake before I picked up the car, so that's what took me so long but I didn't waste any time. The install was with 43 miles on the odometer, Lol. And to answer your question, Wow is a good word to use once I installed it and filled up with 93. It's a huge difference, well worth the $299.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Braden from cobb hinted at mid to end of this month for their intake....im definitely waiting.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #39
I'm surprised it's not out yet. I'm also interested to see how much it'll be. I wonder what design they came up with as well as the hp & trq results. I just hit 2300 miles and very happy with the FSWERKS intake.