Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fuel injectors special tool required?

Hi everyone, is that special tool for the fuel injectors required to remove/install on the 1.6 ecoboost? Also I noticed another special tool is required to install the damn teflon injector seal. Is installation possible in your own garage without those tools? I was just going to wiggle out the damn injectors if I could and have them cleaned, but now that teflon seal has me all screwed up.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Just wiggle em out bro. I've taken them out at least 5 times since the start of my build.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Just wiggle em out bro. I've taken them out at least 5 times since the start of my build.

What did you do about the teflon seal?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
You can remove the special deal with a pick but it may be easier in the end to just buy new injectors instead of cleaning. There's a chance that seal may not seal anymore after replacement. As far as removing them, it's easy. Your doing more work than I did. I just bought injectors did ebay from a scrapped car for half the price and popped em in.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
My wife and i found an injector seal tool on ecstuning.com. idk if itll work with fords, but its definitely handy with her gti. ( even though the new injectors came with new seals, we picked up the tool.)

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Thank you for the suggestions and advice. Pulled the injectors earlier today and on one of the injectors I can't even see the damn holes on the pindle even after spraying with cleaner. I still have 0 check engine lights so I'm hoping me servicing the injectors can clear up any possible leaks that may be occurring.