Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fuel pump trouble

Hi all,

I noticed a*noise*today when I stopped at a traffic light.*
I'd call it a ticking or knocking. It carried on for 10 to 15 seconds then stopped. At the next light I heard it again.

Seems to be coming from the full*pump. She's got 23 K on the clock.*

I'll take her in to have it checked in the morning.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

Brad.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
No issues with mine, let us know what the dealer says.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Is the ticking coming from the engine bay? If so, that's the cam driven fuel pump and is normal on direct injected motors

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Nope, its coming from the rear seat. I did pop the hood and have a listen but I can only hear it when in inside the car.I've had her for 8 months and this is defiantly a new noise.

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
Hi all, just a quick update on the troublesome fuel pump. The dealership confirmed that the pump needs to be replaced. The new pump should be here in the morning. I'll get more specific information tomorrow about the faulty pump and pass it on.

me32

1000 Post Club
That sucks to hear. Ill be interested to hear what the issue was.

I've got a hum over and above road noise.....I also know of someone who has had a loud fuel pump and installed sound deadening material inside the gas tank to neutralize that sound...I am ready to have the dealer look at this....but I am waiting for them to call me to take care of issues with paint chips from shipping...ie rims and body

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
Can't say I really noticed a humming noise from mine. It is a high pressure system though. Ask the dealership if you can take another ST for a derive, that shoud give you a good comparison. Good luck, hope it gets sorted.

OP
B
Thread Starter #14
Hi all, picked up STacy this afternoon and she's back to her old self I'm happy to say. The replaced fuel pump is being inspected by the warrarty department and I'll get feedback from them in a few days. The tech who replaced the pump said he thinks it was a bushing causing the problem. I'll post another update once I hear back from the warrenty department.