Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full 3" Exhaust Necessary?

RedBean

Im still new to all things FIST but I just wanted some clarification

Is a 3" catback necessary for the cobb stage 3 tune or is a res and muffler cut with an aftermarket downpipe OK? Not trying to blow up my baby just yet :p

Yeah all the information I have seen on here is no need for exhaust for any stock turbo levels, unless wanted for the sound. I am running the cobb stage 3 with just intake and intercooler, and i doubt the intake was needed. Runs just fine.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've been told by every tuner that I've spoken to that there are no gains to be found with a downpipe or exhaust with a stock body turbo. There's certainly a sound upgrade and the placebo that goes along with it, but no power gains. Even Mishimoto, who "finds" power gains that nobody else can, doesn't claim any gains with their FiST downpipe or CBE.

Do it for the noise. Unless you're running a big turbo anything else is just placebo.