Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full e85 options

HBEcoBeaST

Wanting to run full e85. What are my options?

I know I'll need to upgrade the in tank pump coupled with aux fuel of some type. Would the updated Bosch injectors negate the need for aux fuel? If I need aux fuel, do I need 4 port or would single suffice?

Options:

A) bravo alpha pump, Bosch injectors
B) bravo alpha pump, single port aux
C) bravo alpha pump, 4 port aux

Goals:
Fast spool, lots of torque around 3000rpm without running out of steam up top. S280 turbo. Reliability and powerband > peak #s

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...nce-upgraded-fuel-pump-assembly-free-shipping

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...rs-set-of-4-2014-2019-fiesta-st-free-shipping

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
(A).Still dont have an exact answer on if anyone has figured out the Injector scaling yet to truly use them to their fullest. So results are still pending.... BOTH B AND C are the preferred methods with success.....I would do (C).As 4 port port truly hits all 4 cylinder intake valves. So no more need for an OCC!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #5
of course the most expensive solution lol. Too bad there's not more info on the Bosch injectors. looks like a cleaner and easier install.

was already leaning towards 4 port with the bigger injectors. definitely the safest bet. I was hopeful a non drag-racing set up wouldn't need this.

probably won't happen until after my summer travels but I tend to hoard parts for a while. and for the record I don't run an occ 😬

Drilled out injectors aren’t needed until like 550 hp. 4 port port and and new pump and you’re golden. I would get an E 50 tune and ditch the pump because Ethanol varies in content but your tune doesn’t. Get a sensor and you’ll always have perfect E50 and way better gas mileage with similar power.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #7
Drilled out injectors aren’t needed until like 550 hp. 4 port port and and new pump and you’re golden. I would get an E 50 tune and ditch the pump because Ethanol varies in content but your tune doesn’t. Get a sensor and you’ll always have perfect E50 and way better gas mileage with similar power.
I really would like full e85 for simplicity. There's a Chevron right by me with very consistent e85. I don't plan on running at the ragged edge for Max power up top. If I go e50 I'll ditch the in tank pump upgrade and just do a 4 port. I see people running single port aux and e40 on hybrids [emoji2376]

Planned on getting the dizzy sensor regardless.

At the end of the day I'll listen to my tuner. If it's useless to go full e85 I'll save myself 600$ on the pump

I really would like full e85 for simplicity. There's a Chevron right by me with very consistent e85. I don't plan on running at the ragged edge for Max power up top. If I go e50 I'll ditch the in tank pump upgrade and just do a 4 port. I see people running single port aux and e40 on hybrids [emoji2376]

Planned on getting the dizzy sensor regardless.

At the end of the day I'll listen to my tuner. If it's useless to go full e85 I'll save myself 600$ on the pump

It’s useless. E85 can vary in Ethanol content legally from 51% to 83%. I can run whatever I want and won’t bother trying to run straight E85 because of the variance. E50 can be made consistently with very little noticeable power drop and once again way better mileage probably like 27mpg vs 21 mpg. The only reason I’d drop in a new pump would be for over 500 hp. 4 port port is a godsend! Clean valves too!

Look at Pwmall’s Bluetooth ethanol sensor before you buy. It’s shows Ethanol content on your phone and no hacking or cabin gauges. You really only need to look at it at the pump anyway right?

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #10
Look at Pwmall’s Bluetooth ethanol sensor before you buy. It’s shows Ethanol content on your phone and no hacking or cabin gauges. You really only need to look at it at the pump anyway right?
Don't the gauges tap into the feed line? I was under the assumption that it would read the ethanol content of the fuel going into the motor vs ethanol content of what you're putting into your tank. Is that correct?

I planned on getting the dizzy gauge when it goes on sale in March. I don't use that cubby hole anyways.

Don't the gauges tap into the feed line? I was under the assumption that it would read the ethanol content of the fuel going into the motor vs ethanol content of what you're putting into your tank. Is that correct?

I planned on getting the dizzy gauge when it goes on sale in March. I don't use that cubby hole anyways.

Yes the sensor is inline but the gauge you read is on your phone

It’s useless. E85 can vary in Ethanol content legally from 51% to 83%. I can run whatever I want and won’t bother trying to run straight E85 because of the variance. E50 can be made consistently with very little noticeable power drop and once again way better mileage probably like 27mpg vs 21 mpg. The only reason I’d drop in a new pump would be for over 500 hp. 4 port port is a godsend! Clean valves too!
I’m also trying to figure out a reliable setup for full E85 and I don’t understand this logic. If the mixture for E85 is so inconsistent, and you’re using it to get your E50 mixture, wouldn’t your E50 mixture be just as inconsistent?

I’m also trying to figure out a reliable setup for full E85 and I don’t understand this logic. If the mixture for E85 is so inconsistent, and you’re using it to get your E50 mixture, wouldn’t your E50 mixture be just as inconsistent?
Although the HPFP is a new option ive seen a couple guys near me run E50 with it also have a buddie with an RS that was tuned for E70 and he just fills up at the pump with full E85 as far as i understand the gas pumps here pretty consistently test between E65-E70 and the ECU can compensate for certain percentages either way so if your tuned for E70 but the pump tests at E80 or E60 your still safe ... i havnt done it yet so im not 100% sure but thats what im told also all of them have an ethanol gauge and they tell me the more ethanol you run the less you have to worry about valve build up anyways .... either way heres to hoping that cobb is working on flex fuel support for our cars 🍺

xxiaze

Couple of people in here running full e85 - typhoon one of them and a couple others. I as well will be running full corn for simplicity. I went bravo pump and strat 4 port. It’s spendy but likely your best bet. Buy once, cry once.

Magnetic

Couple of people in here running full e85 - typhoon one of them and a couple others. I as well will be running full corn for simplicity. I went bravo pump and strat 4 port. It’s spendy but likely your best bet. Buy once, cry once.
Did you ever get this working? I'm looking to go full E85 as well.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you ever get this working? I'm looking to go full E85 as well.
Again...Do just e50-e60 Finding e85 that is 100% is hard to do .....Due to it ranging anywhere from 51% -83% of ethanol content. Even though it says e85 it doesn't mean your gonna get e85 exactly. This is why its better to mix/Blend...You can adjust your mix easier , Based on your location and quality of fuel.

Magnetic

Again...Do just e50-e60 Finding e85 that is 100% is hard to do .....Due to it ranging anywhere from 51% -83% of ethanol content. Even though it says e85 it doesn't mean your gonna get e85 exactly. This is why its better to mix/Blend...You can adjust your mix easier , Based on your location and quality of fuel.
I have 3 flex fuel gas stations near me (each within a 2 mile radius and I'm not wanting to have to mix anything. I will start testing the ethanol content though to see what the consistency looks like.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have 3 flex fuel gas stations near me (each within a 2 mile radius and I'm not wanting to have to mix anything. I will start testing the ethanol content though to see what the consistency looks like.
I would highly recommend getting a fuel-it Ethanol sensor with Bluetooth dongle and the Fuel-it app to check ethanol content in the tank. You will get real tired of using the silly little Beaker and gloves and pouring it into the tester. Mixing is so easy...BTW.. Here where i mix 8-9 gallons of e85 and 2-3 gallons of 93and that usually nets me e55-e60. i highly suggest getting a Gas tune or low boost tune also as not everywhere has e85 if you travel with the FiST it can become cumbersome trying to find e85 gas stations. Ask me how i know....

Magnetic

I would highly recommend getting a fuel-it Ethanol sensor with Bluetooth dongle and the Fuel-it app to check ethanol content in the tank. You will get real tired of using the silly little Beaker and gloves and pouring it into the tester. Mixing is so easy...BTW.. Here where i mix 8-9 gallons of e85 and 2-3 gallons of 93and that usually nets me e55-e60. i highly suggest getting a Gas tune or low boost tune also as not everywhere has e85 if you travel with the FiST it can become cumbersome trying to find e85 gas stations. Ask me how i know....
I fully agree about the testing. I'll check out what options whoosh has for ethanol sensors.

And yeah I'm planning to get a 91 tune for the new setup and also an ethanol tune.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
This calculator makes it simple. My Dizzy gauge always hits e30/31 when I use the Tune+ calculator with consistent fuel.