Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fumoto oil drain valve

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
You need to purchase an extension for the Fiesta ST, otherwise the Fumoto valve won't fit. The Fumoto valve comes with a washer. This is the only one you need. Check out my build thread for part numbers. I'm also using the plastic lock

How often are you driving? Is the fist your daily? Another question or concern is how it would work at -30 Celsius

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=4706]skidro87[/MENTION] its on my daily driver that I do 150mile a day (200km). Dod not have any issues at -38 c this winter. Changed the oil when warm to have good flow. Great product.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Today I finally installed my Fumoto valve. I've had these on many other vehicles. The valve is no lower than the oil pan so scraping isn't an issue. Plus my traction bars should protect everything. [burnout]

A common misconception is that the threads of these valves stick into the oil pan and therefore don't allow a full drain. The truth is that the threads are exactly 10mm long which is about the thickness of the female pan threads. So the only possible oil that would be left in the drain pan is about 2mm high which is the thickness of the thread metal, if that makes sense. Multiply that by the entire parameter of the pan and you get maybe one ounce, if that. Change the oil when it's hot and most of it will drain out including any solids.

A few pics and a video I posted might sell some of these...second pics shows how the valve does not hang down past the oil pan.

[video=youtube;hAIUBOEHFQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAIUBOEHFQY&feature=youtu.be[/video]