Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fun to drive 'grown-up' car?

Been po

Been Pondering a Flex myself. I like the wagon like look and it comes in the limited/TITANIUM Twin Turboed with AWD. Can get one for pretty cheap also now that they are no longer being made with low miles.
Once things go back to "normal" (whatever that is), go check one out. You won't be disappointed. Like I mentioned, ours is the Ecoboost Limited and it has all the comfort and convenience that my wife's previous car had (MB GLS450).

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #143
“Previously enjoyed” GLE AMG 43 it is, then. Invest in a few ties. Spread collar shirts (no button downs, it’s not the 90s). Lose the ponytail/ man-bun.

Problem solved.
You’re welcome.
Lol! Gave me a good laugh thank you!

I've been asking why a modded car is a turn off to some investors and they said that it's a red flag to have a 'cheaper car' with a lot of money put into it because it looks like you're claiming income for the car, but not the cash $$$ spent on mods. Wtf? One person said they saw it in a drug dealer documentary [emoji2358]

So a $20k car with $10k in mods is 'shady', while a $50k Tesla is kosher. Ok Boomers lol.

Guess all of us with mods are drug dealers with lots of disposable tax-free income.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #144
I had a '99 Passat, a nice car with the smoothest manual transmission I've ever tried. What I didn't like was VW was VERY sneaky when it came to getting out of the recall for the front control arms. They would only honor the recall if the vehicle owner could prove the factory maintenance was done. It turns out the control arms had no serviceable parts that needed to be checked or greased in any manner.
Stories like this are why I'm weary of VW. But two local dealerships are semi mod friendly and one is a dealer for APR which has warrantied tunes and parts.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #145
When Hyundai gets their ish together and lets me test drive one.... I've been told by several different people at the dealership say they'd call me back and never did.

However ask about a Veloster N and they are all over it. Seems like they aren't moving well [emoji2376]

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #146
I will also mention both the Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisade. Pretty much almost identical.....But with little subtle differences. Good drivetrain and decent mileage. Most likely good paint! Yes please!
Definitely on the list to check out but that's more of a vehicle for my fiance. Her current list of cars we're eventually trading her shitty equinox for is:
-land Rover defender
-mustang Mach e
-telluride
-cybertruck
-palisade

But I'm not holding my breathe for anything not released yet. She just wants a big boxy suv thing with a nice ride and motor that can 'go' [emoji2358]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When Hyundai gets their ish together and lets me test drive one.... I've been told by several different people at the dealership say they'd call me back and never did.

However ask about a Veloster N and they are all over it. Seems like they aren't moving well [emoji2376]

And here I thought that the N would still be an 'excessive gouge' item in Cali. [dunno]

Go figure.

Definitely on the list to check out but that's more of a vehicle for my fiance. Her current list of cars we're eventually trading her shitty equinox for is:
-land Rover defender
-mustang Mach e
-telluride
-cybertruck
-palisade

But I'm not holding my breathe for anything not released yet. She just wants a big boxy suv thing with a nice ride and motor that can 'go' [emoji2358]

Let's knock out 3 birds with one stone. Palisade N...lol

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #149
And here I thought that the N would still be an 'excessive gouge' item in Cali. [dunno]

Go figure.
I know. Manuals just don't sell. You can get a non performance pack N for $25k new. $1000 below MSRP and 0% financing on the performance pack. Interior feels cheaper than the FiST except the seats are more comfortable for my frame. Fun to drive, neat performance pack features like drive modes, active exhaust, lsd, but cheap feeling interior, questionable design for real world usage and polarizing looks.

I just can't stand most SUVs (their Kona is one of the best looking smaller ones to me, at least), but that beast is just INSANE, yeah, if they ever release one. [wink]
Kona N spy shots already out there for 2021. That'll be something to consider. And with the lead focus rs engineer on their team I could see an AWD veloster n in the making, especially since it shares its platform with the Kona [emoji848]

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #153
Kona N spy shots already out there for 2021. That'll be something to consider. And with the lead focus rs engineer on their team I could see an AWD veloster n in the making, especially since it shares its platform with the Kona [emoji848]

i30 N or nothing! Lol. The roof and back cargo area make the Veloster useless for me

pixelzombie

I've been asking why a modded car is a turn off to some investors and they said that it's a red flag to have a 'cheaper car' with a lot of money put into it because it looks like you're claiming income for the car, but not the cash $$$ spent on mods. Wtf? One person said they saw it in a drug dealer documentary [emoji2358]

So a $20k car with $10k in mods is 'shady', while a $50k Tesla is kosher. Ok Boomers lol.

Guess all of us with mods are drug dealers with lots of disposable tax-free income.

I've never heard of this before. If this were true, I would've expected to see something similar on a show called 'Ozark' which is about a guy laundering money for a drug cartel.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

This does beg the question though, of if these said 'investors' are just soooo staid, white bread conservative, and apprehensive, then WHY are they even investing in your company's type of business in the first place?? [???:)]

It would seem that their hard core conservative mindset would fully outweigh all of the profit/ROI to be made by them. [dunno]

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #157
I've never heard of this before. If this were true, I would've expected to see something similar on a show called 'Ozark' which is about a guy laundering money for a drug cartel.
No idea where they get this stuff. None of these people are crime or car experts. I'm sure it's the same stigma that a bouncing 1964 Impala on hydraulics gets. Old people just don't like it.

Unfortunately for me, I'm asking the old people for money or the ability to make money.

pixelzombie

No idea where they get this stuff. None of these people are crime or car experts. I'm sure it's the same stigma that a bouncing 1964 Impala on hydraulics gets. Old people just don't like it.

Unfortunately for me, I'm asking the old people for money or the ability to make money.

That would be the challenge then. Have a modded car that looks stock. I recall watching Jay Leno driving a Buick Riviera (could be the wrong model) that had a 1,000 HP motor under the hood. He remarked about surprising many people with high end euro sedans that day.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #159
This does beg the question though, of if these said 'investors' are just soooo staid, white bread conservative, and apprehensive, then WHY are they even investing in your company's type of business in the first place?? [???:)]

It would seem that their hard core conservative mindset would fully outweigh all of the profit/ROI to be made by them. [dunno]
It's mostly because people already interested in the industry have already invested and many over extended themselves. Big industry wide contraction due to people expecting ROI within 2 years.... Not realistic. Blackmarket owners are used to different business models/restrictions and (luckily?) they are going out of business paving the way for proper business (and me).

My approach has been to attract outside investment since we can't get normal business loans (yet). As for city officials/employees many people that go into that field tend to dislike anything cannabis anyways. Just obstacles to be overcome [emoji1434]

I wish more investors, government workers and cities were more open to cannabis. Just playing the angles that seem to work.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #160
That would be the challenge then. Have a modded car that looks stock. I recall watching Jay Leno driving a Buick Riviera (could be the wrong model) that had a 1,000 HP motor under the hood. He remarked about surprising many people with high end euro sedans that day.
It's funny because a loud classic muscle car probably would be fine in the eyes of these people. Because it's a 'classic'

Ford Community Posts