Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

g25 550 turbo

Frankiefiesta did one i do believe a while back. I don't think he is around anymore....:cautious: ..moved onto another platform. But I could be wrong.
If I ever do a custom setup, I'd surely go with the lighter wheeled, quicker spooling EFRs instead of the usual Garrett choices. But since I only have 91 available, I guess it would be more logical to go with a S280 because I won't be able to fuel a bigger turbo anyway. (I don't really want to go aux fuel for simplicity sake)

TL;DR: writer went with a custom manifold, downpipe, intake and intercooler piping. i don't know if those were necessary or just made everything easier to install. hit full boost at 3500RPM and climbed the ladder to 7200. 292whp on stock fuel system on a 65degree day.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It blows my mind no one talks about the EFR 6258 and 6758.
There was a guy on this forum that started with the username MRX330 or something like that, pissed everyone off, got booted from the forum, and came back as EFR450 or something. He did a BIG $$$ build with an EFR; Mitch at CP-E had his car for months. I will not reveal my source but I know, for sure, that he dynoed at 330 with a soft bottom end. He overheated on his first road trip and left the forum for good.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There was a guy on this forum that started with the username MRX330 or something like that, pissed everyone off, got booted from the forum, and came back as EFR450 or something. He did a BIG $$$ build with an EFR; Mitch at CP-E had his car for months. I will not reveal my source but I know, for sure, that he dynoed at 330 with a soft bottom end. He overheated on his first road trip and left the forum for good.
Not 100% True* He did Overheat in Coer d'alene Idaho I know for a FACT as I have talked to Rick/MRX330. I'll let him decide if he wants to come on the forum and say he is done with the FiST platform or not*

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not 100% True* He did Overheat in Coer d'alene Idaho I know for a FACT as I have talked to Rick/MRX330. I'll let him decide if he wants to come on the forum and say he is done with the FiST platform or not*
Ok, I stand corrected: "He overheated on his first road trip a couple of years ago and has not posted to the forum since with either of the usernames he used in the past."

It blows my mind no one talks about the EFR 6258 and 6758.
After reading through what I could, it seems the one big knock on EFR small turbos is they are last generation wheareas the 2860 went gen2. When EFR went gen2 they left all the smallest turbos in the lineup behind. All that said, if a ported OEM manifold and a catted downpipe can hook up to a gen1 EFR without extensive modding it seems like a good option on paper.