Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Garret gen 2 2860r psi reading?

Hi guys I’ll appreciate any help or knowledge but just recently got a 2860 r kit installed on my 18 fist and went into tuning, at the beginning I was only reading 9 psi so I guess I had the wrong spring in the tial bov and the rod needed to be adjusted on the wastegate and they needed to correctly set the preload, after that happened I’m now reading 18.9 psi. Is this normal or should I be reading more? And if so what could it be? All work was done by a shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slopoke

Are you on a base tune, or have you had any revisions, if so, how many? It's not unusual to have low boost pressure in the first couple of tunes. Did you talk to your tuner before you made the adjustments?

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
I was on the first map my tuner sent out to me, once he saw I was only pushing 18 psi he said my first issue still isn’t fixed since we don’t have control of the boost reading 18 @ 100% request but it did get better from 9 psi to 18

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What actuator are you runninh the ATP one or the TIAL upgraded unit?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
Not sure tbh I got it from whoosh motorsports and clicked yes for both add ons (bov and actuator, both from TIAL)

Se7eN

I was on the first map my tuner sent out to me, once he saw I was only pushing 18 psi he said my first issue still isn’t fixed since we don’t have control of the boost reading 18 @ 100% request but it did get better from 9 psi to 18
#1 Load the Economy Map and do a run up to like 5K to see what your Preload is set to.
#2 if it's too low then you have to fix it
#3 if it's high preload 16-18psi then you have the Boost Controller connected wrong

Last edited: