Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Garret GTX 2867R Gen 2 - 400+bhp?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's what some people on the forum here have achieved with no issues and their vehicles are Daily drivers

That's what some people on the forum here have achieved with no issues and their vehicles are Daily drivers
Ok many thanks for your help I am thinking of getting the x57 which should reach around 360 to 380 hp so with this horsepower do u think this will be ok on a stock engine for a fiesta st200 16 engine. Thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Your tuning on your side of the Pond is different than over here in Murica a lot of it depends on the tuning of the FiST . If the tuner thinks its safe by all means go for it.....Thex57 hasn't came over here yet....if you do go Puma...good luck and god speed.

I might have missed it in the forum but I don’t recall anyone blowing up there motor on AUX and bigger turbo. The only failures that I have heard about used nitrous. That set up was above 500 whp. Seems 400 whp is fine? I’m trying to get to those numbers myself.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd suggest using a reputable tuner in your area as you don't want to make your engine into Yard art sooner than later. But hey.....Just

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have always heard that 380whp was the limit of the internals. I don't remember who but I know I heard more than once.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Where did that rumor come from? Just seeing if we can fact check the 380 whp. Probably depends on a dedicated race car vs daily driver. Anyone weigh in?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
With your standard 15% drivetrain loss, 450 chp x .85 = 382.something whp

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cast pistons+high heat+high combustion chamber pressure+cast pistons=highly modified cast pistons

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen the Stratified fuel kits and it seems like an interesting idea. I myself have the PumaSpeed bigger fuel injectors as well as their camshaft for higher lift on the fuel pump. I'm aiming for 450hp (so 420whp ish?) and at the moment it appears their new turbo (X57-RS) is capable of that. Apart from driving around, it's going to be more of a drag car and a car to ultimately have fun in. I'm thinking maybe boost by gear would be better to help keep the traction, but again this can be altered when at the drag strip.

I would like to see what the limit is instead of holding back on the Garrets as I always see them running about 300whp and surely these can provide much much more.
I have a question about this and traction. When it comes to tq spinning the tires, it's gear dependent of course, so when people are keeping it under a certain power level, it's just an arbitrary number. Even 250whp will completely shred tires in first or second, so for example anybody who keeps power at 250 or less is only worried about wheel spin from 3rd on.

At 300whp maybe they can spin tires a bit in 3rd? but 4th and on is safe. But, going above 300whp would still give better acceleration in those higher gears, and all you have to do is feather the throttle at lower gears to avoid wheel spin right? So why not just get as much power as you can, it will always help in the highest gears (i can't imagine a FIST with enough power to spin tires in 5th or 6th), and just use driver skill/restraint in lower gears?

Does everybody just like flooring it from 2nd through 6th or something? Why would anybody go out of their way to not get more power if they can afford it, just due to wheel spin? Why not get that power to help in higher gears when you can use it all, and keep your foot out of it so much in lower gears?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Because that's how you end up in jail with a lost license. Maxing out in 4th gear can easily cost you your license. It's not horsepower that tears up tires it's torque.
What in the world would be the purpose of trying to accelerate in 5th or 6th gear? The larger turbo you put on the car the higher your RPM needs to be to make the power.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HBEcoBeaST

I have a question about this and traction. When it comes to tq spinning the tires, it's gear dependent of course, so when people are keeping it under a certain power level, it's just an arbitrary number. Even 250whp will completely shred tires in first or second, so for example anybody who keeps power at 250 or less is only worried about wheel spin from 3rd on.

At 300whp maybe they can spin tires a bit in 3rd? but 4th and on is safe. But, going above 300whp would still give better acceleration in those higher gears, and all you have to do is feather the throttle at lower gears to avoid wheel spin right? So why not just get as much power as you can, it will always help in the highest gears (i can't imagine a FIST with enough power to spin tires in 5th or 6th), and just use driver skill/restraint in lower gears?

Does everybody just like flooring it from 2nd through 6th or something? Why would anybody go out of their way to not get more power if they can afford it, just due to wheel spin? Why not get that power to help in higher gears when you can use it all, and keep your foot out of it so much in lower gears?
He's drag racing. It's a different approach because you are usually flat foot shifting. Most of these big turbo builds have one thing in mind, straight line speed.

If you want an autocross animal you're better off with a hybrid turbo and a lower powerband.

Different strokes, different folks...

He's drag racing. It's a different approach because you are usually flat foot shifting. Most of these big turbo builds have one thing in mind, straight line speed.

If you want an autocross animal you're better off with a hybrid turbo and a lower powerband.

Different strokes, different folks...
Gotcha.

Se7eN

Simple and Quick, Spinning ain't winning. Simple as that, you might have 500whp and if you can't use it then it goes to waste. I've seen cars with a lot of power loose to some with a lot less because the lower powered car grips and gets off the line and off the roll better.

Quick example, my pump gas tune grips in a 2nd gear roll at full boost, the E40 tune at 80% boost in second still rips the traction a little. So on the pump gas tune I get awesome launches in Mexicouu, in the E tune I end up playing catch-up.

PS. Racing in 5th and 6th can only lead to trouble and blown engines as they are much heavier gears and the turbo will try to make more boost then it's supposed to make due to the load. At the top of 4th at 6,500rpm you're already close to 110mph. If you haven't proved your point till that speed then it's pointless to continue.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Nah bro you gotta full send every gear. If you aren't bouncing off the rev limiter 24/7 what are you even doing lol. On a serious note, when it comes to traction use Cobb's from the Accessport. It's much better than the stock ESC and makes more power more usable instead of either a tire roaster or completely cut off.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
When pushing big whp and torque what clutches are you guys running?
Stock....its been well documented that the clutches in the FiSTs are pretty stout in High Hp builds. Including my own with a Gen2 and 4 port Aux fuel. Why mess with a good thing unless your constantly dumping the clutch at the drag strip?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Got about 70k on the stock clutch. I was thinking it might fail with the revisions I need to make. More of a precaution for the 1/2 mile race I plan to attend.

Got about 70k on the stock clutch. I was thinking it might fail with the revisions I need to make. More of a precaution for the 1/2 mile race I plan to attend.
TY im glad you mentioned this, i was just wondering the other day what mileage these clutches tend to need replacing. I drive pretty well and my car is only at 34k but i didn't know the scale till now, if you are at 70 then i should be good for a few years at least.

Last edited: