Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

General Altimax Arctic Impressions

I don't think it'd be tire pressure unless they were really low - maybe balancing> did your friend get them from the same place or have the same shop mount/balance?

I think balancing because the only time I experienced what you're saying is when I had new tires mounted on my bike - only above 80 did I feel the front end start to vibrate a little. They re balanced and that was all it needed.
Update: I took it into Discount Tire where I ordered the tires from and they found each and every tire was off and unbalanced. The guy I worked with when buying them said this happens after about 1k miles on winter tires all of the time; but i don't know how much I believe that. Either way, I had the techs zero them in and things are much much better now. Thanks for the advice!

OP
ItMightBePizza
Thread Starter #23
Update: I took it into Discount Tire where I ordered the tires from and they found each and every tire was off and unbalanced. The guy I worked with when buying them said this happens after about 1k miles on winter tires all of the time; but i don't know how much I believe that. Either way, I had the techs zero them in and things are much much better now. Thanks for the advice!
Bullshit. That's just bad tire technicians covering their asses.

OP
ItMightBePizza
Thread Starter #24
What a good car this turned out to be.

Just blasting past 4wd and awd vehicles with these tires. Intense and amazing. I've never had this sort of experience with a car of any kind and this is my 12th car!

MPA

I'm sad we didn't get much snow - only about 4", and it was gone off the roads pretty quick - I was looking forward to playing in the snow.

But in actuality, I only put them on the car on Jan 2nd, so I can't wait to put some summer tires on and go back to my normal tune

How much start off and start off uphill wheel spin are you guys getting with these?
Very little if I'm not gunning it on the Stratified tune. Just for fun last night I decided to give it the beans and I lit up the tires through third. Got some smoke/steam from the wet pavement in the process, but tread was fine. Tires grip and ride very well since I got the balancing fixed, even off the line.

Very little if I'm not gunning it on the Stratified tune. Just for fun last night I decided to give it the beans and I lit up the tires through third. Got some smoke/steam from the wet pavement in the process, but tread was fine. Tires grip and ride very well since I got the balancing fixed, even off the line.
I may switch from the Michelin Primacy Alpine PA3 then. They spin in stock tune with just about any throttle input in first when on compromised surfaces and will leave me on most inclines if I don't plan ahead. I wasn't sure if it was just the car or the tires, but I've not had this issue with other snow tires. Those were on RWD cars though.